TravelCare is a compelling business that leverages technology to provide medical information services to travelers.
Langhorne, PA (PRWEB) May 17, 2012
David Marks and David Haas, founders of TravelCare International, have joined Novotorium to grow their business in the incubator’s collaborative, innovative environment. TravelCare will take full advantage of Novotorium’s workspace, technology and infrastructure resources, expertise of staff and partners, and the organization’s extended network of resources, according to Mike Krupit, who heads up Novotorium.
“TravelCare is a compelling business that leverages technology to provide medical information services to travelers,” said Krupit. “It provides vital information to help consumers better manage their health before, during and after international travel. The Novotorium team of staff members and partners will work closely with David Marks and David Haas to help them grow TravelCare in new and innovative ways.”
TravelCare provides medical professionals, hospitals, travel medicine clinics, corporate travel departments and student health offices with information and education about travel to more than 220 countries, including: daily medical, security, safety and political alerts, as well as information about vaccination, booster guides and dosage information. TravelCare delivers this information 24/7 and 365 days per year via the Internet in printable and email formats.
“With 61 million International travelers departing from the US each year, we know how important it is to ensure they travel safely from both a health and safety perspective. TravelCare makes it easier for these travelers to connect with the medical professional community and to take appropriate pre-trip precautions,” said Marks. We are excited about the growth of the business and recognize the knowledge and experience the Novotorium team can bring to accelerating those efforts.”
According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 50 percent of International travelers will experience some travel health related issue. TravelCare performs a valuable service for both the traveling public and the medical professional community by helping them manage travel-related health care before, during and after travel. TravelCare compares favorably to other companies in the travel health information and services space including Shoreland Travax and Tropimed.
The TravelCare team joins Shiva Srinivasan of Zuppler and David Friedman and Jameel Farruk of Inhabi – both companies having been previously accepted into Novotorium’s full time incubation program. Zuppler is a full-service restaurant ordering system and portal that offers online ordering, table reservations, customized restaurant websites, ratings and more. Inhabi is an internet-based business that invites landlords with properties for rent to place information about their properties on its website and then connect with desirable renters interested in their properties.
Business incubation is Novotorium’s primary program. Each company in the business incubation program receives services designed specifically to meet its unique needs. As companies grow and meet goals, Novotorium makes targeted investments in firms where mutually beneficial and desired.
In addition to incubation, Novotorium has created business acceleration groups that bring together clusters of entrepreneurs and young businesses to participate in a condensed incubation program for two days every month. The two days are spent as would any incubation – mentoring, classes, partner office hours, and collaboration. The goal is to give the companies a boost to help keep them moving forward. Groups remain consistent to allow members to build lasting relationships.
Companies in Novotorium’s business acceleration groups include:
- A Clean Spot: A website that allows people in a community to create an online place to buy/sell and give away used items.
- Adpropo: A social and entertainment platform that brings consumers together with brands in a much more fun and valuable way.
- Advisor Fox: An ad network for financial advisors to receive targeted advertising from product and service providers.
- Bolt On Technology: A leading provider of add-on automotive service software, credit card processing, customer text messaging, state inspection software and management dashboard services.
- Consumer Marketing Rights: A business that works with consumers to protect their interests.
- Executive Education Alliance: A training system to help professionals learn to more effectively use social media for business.
- Food for Thought: A company that helps restaurants and other businesses receive real-time, actionable feedback from customers.
- Glokl Tours: A mobile app business that provides users with a system to create and distribute tours that others can access via their smart phones.
- Harborlight Software: A leading provider of real-time data collection, retention and dissemination software designed for use on land or at sea.
- Immersion Technology: A technology development firm creating a comprehensive advertising management system for publications.
- Ridaroo: A web platform that enables businesses and universities to set up ride-sharing sites for people in their organizations.
- TeleMed Group: A healthcare monitoring company that creatively uses technology to help people in the quest to age in place.
Novotorium is an independent, private sector initiative funded by the Baron Innovation Group, and based in Langhorne, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Novotorium provides the environment, advice, services, and funding that are needed for entrepreneurs who strive to grow their emerging companies. Novotorium’s unique approach helps entrepreneurs cross the chasm to achieve sustainable growth and profitability. Along with four full-time staff members, Novotorium has a network of more than 30 partners, including successful entrepreneurs, lawyers, financial professionals, technologists, and marketing service providers who are available to help entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurs interested in learning more about Novotorium’s programs and applying can learn more at http://www.Novotorium.com