While no one can fix mistakes that were made in the past, everyone has the opportunity to prevent repeat accidents in the future.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) May 23, 2012
The team at The Capitol City Insurance Agency knows that during the beginning of the year, business owners may be more focused on starting the fiscal year off strong than taking steps to prevent an accident or insurance claim. However, since both of these things can be costly, it’s best to be proactive in preventing them. While many companies have liability insurance as part of their Texas business insurance package, they must remember that these policies do have limits when it comes to covering the cost of claims related to injuries and faulty products.
The experts at Capitol City Insurance want all local companies to start spring off on the right foot, so they have compiled a list of the top five things business owners should do now in order to reduce their odds of filing a claim on their Texas business insurance liability policy.
1. Set a high, companywide standard for quality control. This should encompass both products and customer service.
2. Ensure that company records are up to date and complete. Having every business transaction in writing and in an easy-to-find place will be helpful in the event of a liability claim.
3. Train all employees on how to use business equipment and on how to keep themselves safe and healthy at work.
4. Even with liability insurance, companies may need to ask their insurance agent if they need umbrella coverage in order to cover costs that exceed the limit set by the company’s liability policy.
5. Complete an internal evaluation; ask employees what they think the company can improve upon and how to go about doing so.
While no one can fix mistakes that were made in the past, everyone has the opportunity to prevent repeat accidents in the future. As 2012 is now well underway, the team at Capitol City Insurance wants to ensure that all of its Texas business insurance clients are prepared to take 2012 by storm by avoiding unnecessary and costly insurance claims.
About The Capitol City Insurance Agency:
The Capitol City Insurance Agency and its subsidiary, The Insurance Store, have been serving the Austin and Central Texas area for over 40 years. President Dwayne Baker is dedicated to being a trusted advisor and partner with each of our clients. The Capitol City Insurance Agency and The Insurance Store are members of the Independent Insurance Agents of Texas (IIAT). With this independence, we have the ability to shop many insurance carriers for the perfect fit for your business.