(PRWEB) May 22, 2012
WHAT: Despite the European recession, companies looking to expand internationally are looking to London to take advantage of its cost-effectiveness, skilled workforce, convergence opportunities and easy access to world markets. London & Partners’ London 2012: Globalization in the Digital City webinar will feature leading UK business leaders sharing key insights on the current unique opportunities for global expansion in London. Topics to be covered in the webinar include:
- How companies are leveraging London’s central location and resources for expansion in EMEA and beyond
- One-of-a-kind opportunities in London associated with the world’s first digital Olympic Games
- Trends in the London market and opportunities in sectors such as cleantech, creative and digital
Participants in the London 2012: Globalization in the Digital City webinar will also receive a pre-released copy of a new report on London’s Tech City and the impact it’s making on London, produced by leading think tank Centre for London.
WHO: The webinar is hosted by London & Partners, which provides no-cost expansion and set-up assistance services that have helped more than 2,000 companies from more than 40 different countries successfully establish and expand their businesses into London.
Panelists at this event include:
- Tom Kneen, Business Development Manager, London 2012, Cisco
- Bindi Karia, Emerging Business Lead, Microsoft
- Bob Schukai, Global Head of Mobile Technology, Thomson Reuters
- Rob Whitehead, Deputy Director (Research), Centre for London
- Camilla Webster, Reporter, Forbes (moderator)
WHEN: Thursday, May 31, 2012
11:00 a.m. PDT/2 p.m. EDT
RSVP: To register for the webinar, please visit https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/373062750
About London & Partners
London & Partners is the official promotional organisation for London. We attract and deliver value to business, students and visitors. London & Partners is a not-for-profit organisation, funded by the Mayor of London and a network of commercial partners.
Our remit is to drive leisure and business visitors as well as bidding to secure major events in London, to unlock the city for overseas businesses who want to set up or expand in London and to promote the capital’s world class universities to international students.
Our intention is to work in partnership with organisations in London and across the world to deliver our goal - that London be globally recognised as the best big city on earth.