Austin, Texas (PRWEB) May 24, 2012
Affinegy, a proven global supplier of service enablement and network management software solutions for the home, today unveiled its next generation portfolio of software products for auto-provisioning, self-care and management of the Connected Home.
Affinegy has integrated major updates of its products with those from its recent acquisition of Sagemcom’s TR-069 Solutions Business. Bringing the two portfolios together creates an unbeatable combination of proven products that support all the applicable Broadband Forum standards for provisioning and managing the Connected Home, and a highly refined end user experience developed over a nine-year period that masks the complexity of managing the myriad of devices and services in use today. The portfolio includes:
- Operations Portal – an advanced TR-069 ACS for management of devices, services and subscribers.
- Care Portal – a web-based application for automated diagnostics and rapid remote support fixes, enabling a better customer experience and targeted-up sells.
- Home Portal – a web-based application that enables easy self-care and self-service management for multi-device connected consumers at home and on the go.
- Connect – Zero-touch installation and service activation via walled garden wizards with OSS integrations for TR-069, DOCSIS/DSL, and retail devices.
Affinegy Portal Platform new features include:
- No clients are required for comprehensive remote care and easy self-care of the multi-device connected home powered by TR-069.
- Enhanced problem diagnostic capabilities and single-click solutions for top call drivers are now available in Care Portal.
- Care Portal also includes full interactive management for all TR-069 parameters, enabling advanced care agents to quickly access detailed information about the gateway device in the home and perform changes to solve issues.
Affinegy is also releasing a new version of Operations Portal, version 5.1. It features powerful alarm management, OSGI value-add application management and support for the latest Broadband Forum standards.
Affinegy Portal Platform Highlights
The following capabilities distinguish the Affinegy Portal Platform from other solutions.
Northbound Interface – Unlike other solutions that only have partial support, Operations Portal features full support of the Broadband Forum’s northbound interface specification TR-131 and its capabilities have been proven in numerous installations.
A Universal Solution - Affinegy's platform is a universal solution that manages all connected devices - TR-069-enabled, customer-owned or service provider-issued. This means all customers, both new and existing, can be served with the solution. A key capability that enables this breadth is the ability to upgrade legacy DOCSIS2 and DOCSIS3 data gateways to TR-069 management using Affinegy’s proven D2/D3 gateway management and patented method of proxying the TR-069 management to these legacy devices.
IPV6 Support – As more and more devices include IPV6 support along with the scarcity of IPV4 addresses, it is crucial that service providers have the ability to provision IPV6 devices and services. Operations Portal provides complete standards compliant support for IPV6 provisioning and management that meets the challenges created by complex multi-domain networks.
“The breadth, flexibility and maturity of our Portal Platform makes it the perfect solution for managing the full convergence of video, voice and data services over IP networks,” said Melissa Simpler, CEO and Co-Founder of Affinegy. “But it can also play an even larger role in the monetization of the wide variety of emerging digital lifestyle services like home security, energy management, connected appliances and e-health. We look forward to helping our customers extend TR-069 to drive revenue generation through these new services while increasing customer satisfaction and growing brand affinity.”
Affinegy is a proven global supplier of service enablement and network management software solutions for the home. Leading broadband service providers, equipment manufacturers and premium care providers use Affinegy’s products to power profitable quality connections for their customers and have deployed Affinegy’s solutions worldwide in over 33M households and 27 languages. Affinegy's software increases product and service adoption, slashes inbound support costs and improves customer satisfaction. For more information, visit http://www.affinegy.com.