We are extremely proud of the authors of these books, and their depth of knowledge, their skill in communicating that knowledge, and their devotion to the communities of readers they serve.
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 23, 2012
Doody’s Medical Reviews, the prestigious book review service for medical and health science libraries, has announced 35 Springer Publishing Company books as Doody’s Core Titles and 6 as Essential Purchases. A coveted honor, less than 2% of professional-level health sciences titles in print are selected to appear in Doody's Core Titles.
The following 2011 and 2012 Springer Publishing books were selected as Doody’s Core Titles AND Essential Purchases:
- Restorative Care Nursing for Older Adults: A Guide for All Care Settings, Second Edition by Barbara Resnick, Elizabeth Galik, Marie Boltz and Ingrid Pretzer-Aboff.
- Family Practice Guidelines, Second Edition edited by Jill C. Cash and Cheryl A. Glass.
The following 2011 and 2012 books were selected as Doody’s Core Titles:
- Dementia Care with Black and Latino Families: A Social Work Problem-Solving Approach by Delia González Sanders and Richard Fortinsky.
- Quality Assisted Living: Informing Practice Through Research by Leslie A. Morgan, Ann Christine Frankowski, Erin G. Roth, Lynn Keimig, Sheryl Zimmerman and J. Kevin Eckert.
- Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 31: Pathways Through The Transitions of Care for Older Adults edited by Peggye Dilworth-Anderson and Mary Palmer.
- Assisted Living Administration and Management: Effective Practices and Model Programs in Elder Care by Darlene Yee-Melichar, Andrea Renwanz Boyle and Cristina Flores.
- Compact Clinical Guide to Infant and Child Pain Management: An Evidence-Based Approach for Nurses by Linda L. Oakes.
- Depressed Older Adults: Education and Screening by Jacquelin Berman and
Lisa M. Furst.
- Evidence-Based Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best Practice, Fourth Edition edited by Marie Boltz, Elizabeth Capezuti, Terry T. Fulmer, DeAnne Zwicker and Ardis O'Meara.
- Gerontology Nursing Case Studies: 100 Narratives for Learning by Donna J. Bowles.
- Nursing Home Administration, Sixth Edition by James E. Allen.
- The Licensing Exam Review Guide in Nursing Home Administration, Sixth Edition by James E. Allen.
- Philosophy of Science for Nursing Practice: Concepts and Application by Michael D. Dahnke and H. Michael Dreher.
“We are especially proud to have so many of our books included in Doody’s Core Titles and Essential Purchases,” said Ted Nardin, CEO of Springer Publishing Company. “We are also extremely proud of the authors of these books, and their depth of knowledge, their skill in communicating that knowledge, and their devotion to the communities of readers they serve. We recognize our authors for being recognized in this way, and also thank them for choosing Springer Publishing Company as their publisher.”
For more information, visit http://www.springerpub.com/pages/Doody's-Medical-Book-Reviews, or contact Dara Salem at dsalem(at)springerpub(dot)com or 212-431-4370 x211.
About Springer Publishing Company
A pioneer in health care and social science publishing, Springer Publishing Company is known as an innovative nursing, rehabilitation, psychology, social work, counseling, public health, and gerontology publisher. The company has won numerous awards, including the American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Awards, the ALA Choice Awards, and the AAP PROSE Awards, and offers more than a hundred top quality titles annually, in addition to more than twenty journals. From nursing to psychology, Springer Publishing Company provides the best textbooks, guides, professional books, and reference works to instructors, professionals, and students. For more information, visit http://www.springerpub.com.