Miami, FL (PRWEB) May 24, 2012
With the month of June right around the corner, Florida residents and business owners all know that the beginning of hurricane season is on the horizon. The time to start preparing is now, as advanced planning is essential to surviving storms as best as possible. East Coast Public Adjusters, one of the country’s most experienced providers of claims adjustment services, offers several tips below for both home and business owners to get started.
“We have all seen the power that hurricanes possess and the impact they can have on communities,” said Daniel Odess, president of East Coast Public Adjusters, Inc. “It is critical that each home and business owner be informed and prepared for whatever this hurricane season may bring and we are here to help.”
Tips for homeowners include:
- Be sure to have disaster supplies on-hand, including flashlight and extra batteries, portable, battery-operated radio, first aid kit, non-perishable food and water, essential medicines and cash.
- Protect windows with either permanent shutters or plywood panels, which should be prepared in advance.
- Confirm that all home and auto insurance policies are valid and that current coverage is appropriate.
Tips for business owners include:
- Make copies of key documents and store them in two waterproof bags – one at the business and the other at an off-site location.
- Print copies of tax returns for the past four years, along with recent monthly P&L (power and light) statements, in order to file a business interruption claim.
- Take photos or a video of the entire workspace, including inventory and office supplies, as this can serve as a fast and easy for of backup documentation.
For additional tips and information, visit the company’s blog.
About East Coast Public Adjusters
Founded in 1988, East Coast Public Adjusters serves clients from throughout South Florida, including the Keys, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Naples/Ft. Myers, the Palm Beaches and the Treasure Coast from offices headquartered in Coral Gables. Visit http://www.ecpaclaims.com for more information.