“We didn’t know if we’d even recoup our original investment after developing the first version of what is now EMS Manager, but we knew it was for a good cause even if we didn’t," shares Dave Feyereisen, President and Co-Founder.
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (PRWEB) May 22, 2012
Aladtec, Inc. is proud to announce their customer base has just passed 800. Ten years ago, a small EMS agency in Wisconsin requested then website developers, Leo Langlois and Dave Feyereisen, to help move their employee scheduling online. Once the two accomplished the request, they thought other EMS agencies may be interested in online scheduling as well. Indeed they were and that initial request launched what eventually became Aladtec, Inc. However, this most recent milestone of surpassing 800 customers is one the founders never imagined hitting when they started out.
“We didn’t know if we’d even recoup our original investment after developing the first version of what is now EMS Manager, but we knew it was for a good cause even if we didn’t. Our thought was if we get 50 EMS customers we could make a part-time living at it. We never planned on getting to 100 or 200 let alone 800,” shares Feyereisen. “But word spread within the EMS industry about our product and pretty soon we were getting calls from all over the country.”
EMS Manager has evolved, becoming a very powerful online employee scheduling and workforce management software, yet it’s designed to be flexible and easy to use. In addition to the online scheduler in EMS Manager and FIRE Manager, they have a number of other valuable features:
- Group Messaging - including: email; texting; and a forum
- Member Database - to track employee contact information, certification due dates, immunizations and scheduling qualifications
- Trade Request Options - manual or automatic approval
- Events Calendar - for posting meetings, public appearances, training sessions and conferences
- Library - for meeting notes, training videos, forms, etc. You can even use the Library as a secure offsite storage location for important back-up files
- Customizable Reports - including availability, scheduled hours, paid time off, individual member, certifications, payroll related reports, and many more
- Time Clock - track staff as they come and go, from wherever you are, then compare each shift's time clock data to the employee schedule and send the corresponding info off to payroll
“On one hand we are honored and amazed to have 800 customers using our products but on the other hand there are about 60,000 public safety agencies, so we’ve barely scratched the surface in that industry,” explains Langlois.
Aladtec owners Feyereisen and Langlois invited then employee Chad Clay to buy into the company in 2008. At that point the pieces of the puzzle were in place and the company began growing more quickly. “It’s gratifying working with EMS, fire and police departments. I really appreciate the fact that our customers recommend us to other agencies - I think it says a lot about the quality of our product and customer service,” states Clay. “Their referrals have been a huge part of our growth."
Aladtec, Inc. is a provider of web-based software solutions for online employee scheduling and workforce management applications. The company’s flagship products, EMS Manager and FIRE Manager, are leaders in the public safety sector. Together with their newest product, Zanager, they serve 800 EMS agencies, fire departments, police departments and other businesses. Nearly 50,000 employees use their online employee and workforce management products. Aladtec is headquartered just outside the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area in Hudson, Wisconsin. For more information, visit http://www.aladtec.com.
# # #
906 Dominion Drive
Hudson, WI 54016-4538
(888) 749-5550 Toll-Free
(715) 690-2300 Phone
(801) 406-5550 Fax
info(at)aladtec(dot)com | http://www.aladtec.com