"We are pleased to release GaleForce 6.1 offering one of the easiest to use yet most sophisticated deployment platforms for hybrid clouds. GaleForce 6.1 provides integration with Amazon VPC and EBS as well as dramatically simple usability with a new UI.
Santa Clara,Calif. (PRWEB) May 24, 2012
Gale Technologies, a leading provider of cloud management solutions that power Infrastructure as a Service for enterprises, labs, and service providers, announced the general availability of the next release of its flagship product, GaleForce 6.1. GaleForce software is used across multiple IT environments today to quickly and reliably build private and hybrid clouds out of existing and heterogeneous physical, virtual resources, and public cloud resources.
“The growing use of private or on-premise cloud deployments is driving two major trends: IT environments are beginning to evaluate hybrid clouds to ensure elastic capacity for their infrastructure, and they are beginning to insist on ease of use of cloud technology,” said Akhil Sahai, vice president of product management at Gale Technologies. “We are pleased to release GaleForce 6.1 offering one of the easiest to use yet most sophisticated deployment platforms for hybrid clouds. GaleForce 6.1 provides integration with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Elastic Block Store (EBS) as well as dramatically simplified usability with a new product user interface.”
About GaleForce Software
GaleForce Software is used to power private and hybrid clouds within enterprise, government, technology vendor, and service provider markets. GaleForce deployments have nearly doubled in the last 4 quarters due in most part to its strong differentiated features of self-service automated provisioning of heterogeneous environments spanning across compute, network, storage, and edge devices.
The GaleForce 6.1 release includes these features:
- Expanded Hybrid Cloud Features with New Integration with Amazon VPC and EBS: Customers now have the option of using the power of GaleForce Software to create a hybrid cloud using Amazon VPC and EBS. Cloud Administrators can create private clouds with AWS instances, create a VPN connection with the corporate network, create virtual networks and subnets, and have a convenient combined view of all Amazon VPC resources in addition to their on-premise resources within the GaleForce Resource Center.
- Simplified Usability and a New Self-Service Web Portal: GaleForce 6.1 provides dramatically simplified usability with a newly-designed web portal that provides easy branding and customization for customers and partners. The redesigned administrative portal provides enhancements across the product to focus on intuitive operations, including enhanced workflow visualization.
- Advanced Network Provisioning for VMware Environments: Starting with layering bare-metal servers with ESX/ESXi hypervisors, adding these hosts to clusters, creating virtualized templates with virtual machines added to the cluster(s) and advanced networking capabilities through support for Nexus 1000v and VMware vSphere distributed virtual switch, GaleForce 6.1 provides one of the most complete automated provisioning solution for VMware in the market today
- Advanced Orchestration Capabilities: GaleForce 6.1 contains expanded orchestration functionality such as reservation and scheduling of service templates; multiple orchestrations per service template; orchestration status visualization and tracking; association of GaleForce groups to Cisco UCS organization and storage groups; SNMP support of compute, network and storage components; and detailed reports on usage of services, VLANs, and storage resources.
- New Automation Resource Adapters: Building on an already extensive library of hypervisors, servers, networking equipment and storage devices, GaleForce 6.1 includes these new and enhanced resource adapters: Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM, Amazon VPC, Cisco Nexus 1000v, F5 Local Traffic Managers and VMware vSphere 5. Extensibility has also been simplified and accelerated through the addition of a Python framework.
Pricing for GaleForce 6.1 is based on the number and types of resources used. Price for a single deployment typically starts at $25,000. Contact Gale Technologies at info(at)galetechnologies(dot)com, or call +1 408-213-4900. Demos can be requested at http://www.galetechnologies.com/index.php/schedule_a_demo/
Upcoming Events – First Half 2012
To further build its 2012 momentum, Gale Technologies will be presenting in the NetApp booth theater as a cloud management partner at Cisco Live, June 10-14 in San Diego, CA. Gale Technologies will also exhibit at the NetApp Partner Academy roadshow taking place across North America in May, June and July.
Follow Gale Technologies on the web for the latest news and information including:
Twitter: @GaleTech or http://www.twitter.com/galetech
About Gale Technologies
With over 100 live deployments powered by its products, Gale Technologies is a trusted provider of advanced IT automation software – allowing organizations to accelerate and streamline the delivery of infrastructure as a service and cloud computing environments. As a pioneer of innovative solutions for end-to-end resource provisioning, scheduling, and automation across networking, server, storage, and virtualization technologies, Gale allows thousands of users to schedule and execute workloads on a shared, heterogeneous, dynamic environment with unprecedented flexibility. Gale’s customers report CAPEX and OPEX savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars per site from converting legacy silos of IT environments into fully automated and shared dynamic environments that can be securely accessed 24/7 from anywhere in the world. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, Gale serves a global customer base with offices in North America and Asia. For more information, visit http://www.galetechnologies.com.