How to Implement BIM into the Practice of Architecture Course is Now Available On Demand from LearnVirtual
LearnVirtual’s How to Implement BIM into the Practice of Architecture course is now available On Demand. Accessible online 24/7, this six-part program is designed to make Building Information Modeling (BIM) simple to understand and implement. It covers how to get started with BIM, how to leverage BIM to its full extent, how to implement BIM in different project environments, and how to set up the necessary processes and protocols to maximize its benefits.
Oakland, CA (PRWEB) May 29, 2012
LearnVirtual’s popular How to Implement BIM into the Practice of Architecture course is now available On Demand. This six-part program focuses on how to adopt BIM, including getting started, leveraging BIM to its full extent, and implementing BIM in different project environments. Participants can access the On Demand program online 24/7 and earn AIA Continuing Education credits.
“The reality is that BIM is more about process change than technology adoption,” said Thomas M. Simmons, course instructor. “With this program we are focusing on how to make the transition to BIM so that its benefits can be maximized throughout the design process.”
The six-part class covers:
Defining Fundamental BIM Concepts, Terms & Tools, a high level overview of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and the concepts that are critical to successful implementation. 1.25 AIA CES LUs.
- Implementing BIM in the Design Phase, focuses on the challenges and opportunities of implementing BIM early in the project, as well as how to integrate BIM with popular design tools such as Rhino and SketchUp. 1.25 AIA CES LUs.
- Visualization with BIM, reviews strategies for creating illustrations, renderings, animations and virtual reality from BIM Models. 1.25 AIA CES LUs.
- Strategies for Creating Documents from a BIM Model, discusses the methodologies and strategies for producing 2D documents from 3D models to save time and improve quality. 1.25 AIA CES LUs.
- Collaboration from Small to Large Teams, looks at how to collaborate within a BIM environment both locally within an office as well as externally through the Internet. 1.25 AIA CES LUs.
- Integrating Sustainability into the BIM Process, covers how to analyze the BIM model for energy loads and LEED requirements with a focus on sustainable design. 1.25 AIA CES LU/HSW/SDs.
Course instructor Thomas M. Simmons has worked with architecture, engineering, and construction firms in San Francisco, Houston, Portland and Seattle, to implement BIM. He is recognized for his expertise in Building Information Modeling and the implementation of its technology.
LearnVirtual specializes in the design and implementation of education programs for AEC professionals. With an emphasis on e-learning, custom corporate education programs, and multi-venue hybrid education, LearnVirtual empowers individuals and companies with professional skills and industry intelligence that can be applied in everyday work environments.