(PRWEB UK) 29 May 2012
Has there ever been so much to see and do in Britain as this year? Probably not! Britons don’t only have the fantastic occasions of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and London Olympics to give them a reason to explore our beautiful country, but a host of other events too.
Here are 5 great reasons to take a ‘staycation’ and make the most of brilliant Britain. Taking out a UK travel insurance policy* will provide peace of mind to the Britons that they are covered in the event of a problem.
So instead of flying abroad, why not:
1. Book a country break or city stay to make the most of the four-day-weekend giving Britons a Diamond Jubilee double bank holiday from 2 – 5 June. It’s too good an opportunity to miss.
2. Catch the Olympic buzz early by seeing the Torch Relay as it winds throughout the country from Land’s End on 18 May to London on 27 July. During the Games event will be taking place as far afield as Weymouth (sailing), Broxbourne (canoeing) and Hadleigh (mountain biking.)
3. Enjoy movie mania at the new Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio Tour near Watford, with iconic film sets ranging from Dumbledore’s office to the Weasleys’ kitchen and the Great Hall. Or head to Scotland for the spectacular scenery featured in the epic battles and mystical legends of the new Disney Pixar film Brave, out in June.
4. Mark the centenary of the Titanic in Belfast with a trip to the new multi-million pound visitor attraction recounting the tragedy of the ill-fated liner. Visitors can relive the story of the doomed ship with full-scale reconstructions, dark rides and special effects.
5. Pull on your hiking boots and head to Wales, where 850 miles of coastline have just opened up to walkers. This makes Wales one of the only countries on earth where visitors can walk along the entire length of the coastline on marked trails.
In fact, there is so much to do that a UK annual travel insurance policy could be the best bet, allowing for trips spread across the year from weekend breaks to a fortnight’s family holiday.
*Such as from Direct Travel Insurance
Notes for Editors
Established in late 1992 and trading since 1993, Direct Travel Insurance specialises in travel insurance for individual travellers, couples and families up to the age of 75. Direct Travel Insurance offers a range of cover options and added benefits including cover for over 100 sports and activities enabling customers to tailor their policies for single trip, annual multi trip, backpacking and winter sports.
All travel insurance policies are underwritten by Chartis Europe Limited. Direct Travel Insurance is a trading name of UNAT Direct Insurance Management Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA Number 312350). Chartis Europe Limited is also authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA Number 202628).