Pittsburgh, PA. (PRWEB) May 28, 2012
– Proxicast (http://www.proxicast.com)
Proxicast introduces its new LAN-Cell 3 Mobile 3G/4G VPN Router to address the ever increasing wide-area data communications needs of today’s commercial vehicles. The LAN-Cell 3 provides vehicle-based mobile data applications with fast, reliable, cost-effective and secure wireless Internet access on any 3G/4G (LTE, HSPA+) network worldwide. The LAN Cell 3 is a commercial-grade mobile 3G/4G router that offers an all-in-one mobile solution and is excellent for mobile vehicle-based applications such as:
- Public Transit Buses, School Buses, Charter Buses & Motor Coaches
- Mobile Health Clinics, Ambulances & All Medical Vehicles
- Emergency EMS & First Responder Vehicles, Police Cars, Fire Trucks
- Commuter Trains, Light Rail & All Railroad Vehicles
- Public Safety Vehicles & Mobile Command Centers
- Barges, Ferries, Boats, Yachts, Ships & Other Marine Vessels
- Sales, Delivery & Service Truck/Automobile Fleets
- Military, Defense, Law Enforcement & Homeland Security
- Buses, Vans, Limos, RVs, Cars, Trucks & Trailers
- Mobile Point-of-Sale (POS), Kiosks, Digital Signs & Vending Systems
- Public Transportation Telemetry & In-Vehicle Hot-Spot
- Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots & Temporary Internet Access
- Field Broadcast Uplinks/Downlinks & Mobile Video Transmission
- Low Altitude Aviation, Surveillance Aircraft & Remote Drones
- Mobile Security, Video Surveillance & Covert Video
The LAN-Cell 3’s flexible capabilities allow users to design, implement and manage high-speed mobile 3G/4G (LTE, HSPA+) in-vehicle applications to fit their requirements. For example, commercial vehicles often have multiple data applications and communications deployed onboard. Many public transit buses have been outfitted with several remote video surveillance cameras, vehicle telemetry units, real-time fare management and Internet service for passengers. The LAN-Cell 3 mobile router can combine communication links for all of these applications and devices into single stream utilizing one cellular data plan, saving thousands of dollars per year per vehicle. The LAN-Cell 3 can also automatically switch between 3G/4G cellular communication and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) where it is available, offering further cost savings and enhanced performance.
A vehicle does not always have wheels – marine vessels are also platforms for mobile data applications. “A number of our customers operate commercial barges and ferries on rivers, lakes and coastal waterways,” says Jim Sabol, COO of Proxicast. These customers use Proxicast’s 3G/4G products for applications such as telemetry, remote SCADA, updates to navigation/GPS systems, remote employee training, access to corporate network applications (email, repair orders, etc.) and even Wi-Fi Internet service for crew and passenger personal communications (even VOIP phones). Again, the LAN-Cell 3 can combine communication links for many applications and devices into single 3G/4G stream, saving thousands of dollars per year per vessel.
In the medical arena, Proxicast 3G/4G cellular networking products are helping to link mobile medical vehicles to health system data networks for improved patient care and reduced healthcare delivery costs. Mobile health clinic trailers providing services such as checkups, disease screening, mammography, medical imagining, dental, bloodmobile and laboratory services use LAN-Cell routers to access patient records and instantly send test results to doctors and hospitals. Emergency and disaster response vehicles use the LAN-Cell to provide a common interface to Ethernet, Cellular, Wi-Fi and satellite communications links with seamless switching among the best available network. “Our mobile medical customers really value the ability to combine all their IP communications needs into a single LAN-Cell device”, Says Mr. Sabol.
The LAN-Cell 3 supports 2G, 3G and 4G cellular modem standards, but LAN-Cell 3 is specifically designed to take advantage of the new high speed 4G (LTE, HSPA+) networks. It supports many of the currently available off-the-shelf 4G USB modems. With LTE and HSPA+ delivering speeds of up to 27 Mbps, many new high-bandwidth mobile applications such as remote video surveillance are now possible. The speed and lower latency of 4G networks enables HD video quality and higher frame-rates resulting in video feeds that are crisper and more lifelike.
Key advantages of the LAN-Cell 3 mobile router include:
- Open upgradable architecture - high speed 3G/4G USB modem slot and external antenna ports
- Supports LTE, HSPA+, EV-DO, 1x, HSPA, HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS USB modems
- Automatic fail-over between 3G/4G Cellular & Ethernet WAN
- Enterprise-Class 3G/4G router with full VPN client + server (IPsec & PPTP)
- Supports 25 simultaneous VPN tunnels with 3DES & AES encryption
- Compatible with Cisco, Juniper, SonicWall, and other VPN routers / software
- High speed Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) 2x2 MIMO - Max data rate 300Mbps
- Wi-Fi is available on the LAN and as a WAN client simultaneously
- (4) port 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN switch + (1) Ethernet WAN port
- Advanced SPI firewall, Quality-of-Service (QOS) & security functions
- Easy management with web Interface & SNMP management
- A rugged industrial-grade steel chassis and unique multi-function mounting base
- Patented USB Modem-LOCK secures USB modem in place
The LAN-Cell 3 mobile 3G/4G router is available for immediate delivery worldwide directly from Proxicast and select resellers. The LAN-Cell 3 is “carrier independent”, supports the new 4G (LTE, HSPA+) wireless standards, legacy 2G and 3G networks, and is user-upgradable to future cellular modem technologies.
About Proxicast’s Family of 3G and 4G Routers
The Proxicast LAN-Cell family of professional-grade 3G routers and 4G routers (LTE, HSPA+) are high-performance, rugged and upgradeable. LAN-Cell routers can connect multiple Ethernet based computers and devices to a single cellular data account for primary or backup connectivity eliminating redundant cellular service for multiple devices. The PocketPORT is the world’s smallest 3G/4G USB Cellular Modem Bridge (mini router). Proxicast products are optimized for corporate, financial, video surveillance, security, mobile in vehicle applications (cars, trucks, buses, trains, boats), industrial automation, solar power, public transit, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) telemetry and SCADA. Popular applications include mobile video surveillance, construction site monitoring, PLCs and industrial controls, remote device data collection, traffic control, point-of-sale (POS), ATMs, mobile Wi-Fi hot-spots and more.
Proxicast products (3G routers, 4G routers, 3G/4G routers, LTE routers, HSPA+ routers, 3G modems, 4G modems, 3G/4G modems and LTE modems) are cellular carrier independent and use either PC-Card or USB cellular modem architecture - and can easily be upgraded. The LAN-Cell and PocketPORT support all major worldwide cellular (wireless) carriers including Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, AT&T Wireless, T Mobile, Rogers, Telus, Bell Mobility, Telcel, Orange, Vodafone, O2, Telstra and others. LAN-Cell and PocketPORT routers support 3G /4G modems made by Sierra Wireless, Novatel, Option, Pantech, Samsung, Huawei, ZTE and others.
Proxicast designs and manufactures innovative, commercial-grade, rugged industrial, secure wireless communications equipment that enables customers to increase productivity, enhance security, improve operational efficiency and reduce on-going communication costs. Proxicast focuses on wireless equipment for use with all major worldwide cellular standards including (CDMA) EV-DO Rev-A, EV-DO Rev-0, 1xRTT (1x) and (GSM) LTE, HSPA+, HSPA, HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, W-CDMA, EDGE and GPRS on cellular carriers including Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Rogers, Telus, Bell Mobility, Telcel, Orange, Vodafone, O2, Telstra and others. In 2003, Proxicast introduced the revolutionary and award winning, LAN Cell Mobile Gateway, the original cellular router. Proxicast is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is a privately-held corporation founded in 2000.
Press photos of the LAN-Cell 3 are available at: http://www.proxicast.com/lc3/LC3-gallery-pr.htm
For more information, visit Proxicast’s web site at http://www.proxicast.com or
call 877-77PROXI / 877-777-7694 (U.S.) or 412-213-2477 (International)
312 Sunnyfield Drive, Suite 200
Glenshaw, PA 15116-1936 USA
Proxicast is a registered trademark of Proxicast, LLC. LAN-Cell, Modem-LOCK, PocketPORT are trademarks of Proxicast, LLC. All other brand, product and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.