a member of the team has announced preparation to be taken in the build-up to their annual MoT examination.
(PRWEB UK) 29 May 2012
The thought of their car’s impending MoT is enough to fill most drivers with dread. Through their price comparison site, the experts at Gap Car Insurance specialise in putting their customers in contact with a variety of insurance providers across the country, and the team endeavour to help their users enjoy a simple and stress-free experience sourcing the right deal for their vehicles. Always looking into ways to lower their customers’ expenditure, a member of the team has announced preparation to be taken in the build-up to their annual MoT examination.
“Every driver gets that same feeling when they discover their MoT is looming, but there are provisions that can be undertaken to soften the blow. We’ve put together a few pointers to help owners sail through their MoT with more ease and less detrimental effects to their wallets.”
- A small amount of prior thought and preparation can make a big difference to the outcome of any MoT test. The team at gap Car Insurance cannot recommend more strongly, making the most of the opportunity to see to any faults before booking a vehicle’s annual MoT. One common problem that gets overlooked is chipped window screens. These often get left for months on end, but depending on their size and position can constitute an automatic fail.
- Checking the vehicle’s lights should also be a priority. These include headlights, hazards and indicators, and even the visual reminders on the dash board. It is also worth taking the time to remember to check the horn works.
- It goes without saying, but it couldn’t be more important to double check the big safety measures such as brakes- both hand and footbrakes, the steering, and that all seats are firmly positioned. These are not only essential in passing the MoT, but should be a regular essential for any driver.
- The team at gap Car Insurance have also issued advice warning road users not to overlook the smaller elements of their car’s functions. Be prepared for the examiner to carry out full checks of the windscreen wipers, working door catches and bonnet catches and leaks.
- It might seem obvious but once the practical check has been completed, it is worth checking the registration plate to make sure this complies with guidelines and is easily readable with correctly spaced letters. The team at Gap Car Insurance are keen to stress that these are just a few useful hints and tips and more details about MoT rules and regulations can be found from the VOSA site.
Gap Car Insurance was established with an aim to allow customers to browse gap car insurance prices quickly and efficiently. The trusted and approved agency offers instant quotes, directly to the customer, from hundreds of companies across the country.