IT executives now have a whole new set of tools they can leverage to understand the status of their application portfolio and make informed decisions.
Toronto, CANADA (PRWEB) May 31, 2012
Futurestate IT Inc., an innovative SaaS-based Application Management solution provider, today announces exciting new features have been added to its AppRx product to help IT executives manage application risk, and increase application portfolio compliance.
As a result of tighter IT budgets over the last decade, many IT organizations have focused their efforts on supporting business functions at the expense of IT maintenance. This phenomenon has resulted in a growing backlog of out-of-date applications, and created risks of running unsupported software, inability to embrace new technology (such as Windows 7), and potential application failure. For the business, it means potential for diminished productivity due to downtime, loss of competitive edge, and risk of non-compliance. Many IT executives have an idea of the issue, but no solid understanding of the exact risk exposure they are facing. The imminent expiration of Windows XP support in April 2014 has prompted a greater urgency for IT executives to fully comprehend the state of their application portfolio.
With AppRx, IT executives can ensure the application portfolio is kept current, compatible and compliant. They can track application lifecycle changes and identify when applications are becoming ‘at risk’ – in order to address issues proactively rather than reactively.
With the latest new features, IT executives can now use AppRx to gain much higher visibility into the status of their application portfolio, for both Windows 7 migration projects as well as ongoing application portfolio management:
- Identify potential for portfolio rationalization – New rationalization reports are available that help organizations readily determine the potential for application reduction based on retirement of multiple versions and consolidation of duplicate applications types. CIO dashboard reports provide overall percentage of potential portfolio reduction.
- Quickly determine readiness for Windows 7 migration – A set of executive overview reports summarizes the organization’s readiness for the upcoming Windows 7 migration. By identifying applications that are compatible, need updating, or require virtualization, IT executives can now gain a clear understanding of their organization’s readiness for Windows 7, and the roadmap their teams need to follow to get there.
- Mitigate risk, and ensure ongoing health of the application portfolio – A new series of executive summary reports enable IT executives to assess the health of their application portfolio at any point in time. As changes occur within the portfolio, ‘At-Risk’ applications are identified based on age of application vs. most current release, end of support, end of life, frequency of release, etc. An overall portfolio risk rating report helps IT executives monitor and mitigate portfolio risk, and maintain the health of their application portfolio on an ongoing basis.
“Many IT executives have been relying on outdated or incomplete data to get a sense of the health of their application portfolio – and some don’t have any data at all. What they need is an effective and quantifiable way to understand the status of their application portfolio, so they can proactively manage the risks generated by constant IT change events such as new OSs, service packs and application upgrades,” said Alex Topitsch, CEO at Futurestate IT. “That is why we have created executive level reporting within AppRx. With the introduction of our new reports, IT executives now have a whole new set of tools they can leverage to understand the status of their portfolio and make informed decisions.”
More ways for IT executives to keep their application portfolio healthy. Join us for a June 6 Webinar: Application Rationalization – Eliminate, Consolidate, and Modernize the Application Portfolio.
Request for a free trial and test drive AppRx today.
About Futurestate IT
Futurestate IT is a leader in providing ongoing application portfolio management solutions to organizations worldwide to keep applications current, compatible, and compliant. Futurestate IT offers AppRx, an innovative application management solution that enables companies to rapidly assess, plan and execute application migrations for Windows 7, Server 2008, IE 8 and 9, as well as determine if and how applications can be virtualized on App-V or XenApp. Once migrations are completed, AppRx provides risk and compliance assessments, allowing organizations to manage risks and maintain compliance on an ongoing basis. As a SaaS-based solution, AppRx is quick to deploy, easy to use, and requires no infrastructure or the associated maintenance and support costs. Futurestate IT is a Microsoft partner, and leverages the Citrix AppDNA solution. For more information, visit http://www.futurestateit.com.
- Twitter: @futurestateit
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FuturestateIT
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/futurestate-it
Subscribe to the Futurestate IT newsletter to stay informed of useful tips pertinent to the application management process.
Futurestate IT and AppRx are trademarks of Futurestate IT Inc.