No matter the application, everyone will walk away with at least one new solution or idea that will help them increase their productivity while maintaining lean operations
Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) May 31, 2012
Okuma America Corporation today announced the equipment lineup to be shown at IMTS 2012. Okuma booth S-8500 will feature eight new machines, one of which is Okuma’s largest 5-axis machine to date. All machines on display will be equipped with peripheral equipment, software and accessories from members of Partners in THINC.
Okuma’s theme, “Go Beyond”, represents Okuma’s dedication to providing state-of-the-art innovation through strength of technology, depth of service and support, and expansive breadth of product. This empowers customers to increase productivity, improve quality and reduce costs.
“No matter the application, everyone will walk away with at least one new solution or idea that will help them increase their productivity while maintaining lean operations”, states Jim King, President and COO of Okuma America Corporation. Featured demonstrations and display parts will come from various industries including medical, aerospace, automotive, energy/oil and construction.
The following machines will be on display:
- The MU-10000H CNC is the largest of the Okuma MU range of 5-axis horizontal high-speed machining centers. The machine has a large trunnion table with 1 meter square pallet with capabilities of high torque and high speed machining. It has a maximum work piece weight capacity of 5,500 pounds and work piece size capacity of 59.05” diameter by 44.29” high. The machine is designed for the most difficult applications while retaining Okuma’s high standard of design stability and accuracy, providing the user with a long lasting, efficient production platform. IMTS 2012 is the world debut for this machine.
- The LT3000-EX offers three turrets for optimum flexibility and a balanced main and right spindle. The 16-station M-function turrets have bolt-mount tooling and allow for redundant tooling in order to best utilize back-up tools for lights-out manufacturing or high production runs. This machine features Machining-Navi and Collision Avoidance System. This will be the first time the Okuma 3-turrent machine has been on display in the United States.
- The LU3000-EX provides high production tied with thermal stability. This machine incorporates the latest in live tooling technology where the tooling is bolted to the turret for optimum support and power engagement. The IMTS featured machine will showcase Machining-Navi, Thermo-Friendly Concept and harmonic spindle speed control (HSSC).
- The MB-10000H is Okuma’s largest horizontal machining center. This machine is built on the Thermo-Friendly Concept and includes Thermo-Friendly TAS-S and TAS-C providing a highly-stable machine platform.
- The VTM-1200YB 5-axis control vertical multitasking machine enables turning of relatively large, complex-shaped parts and process-intensive machining with 5-axis multitasking to achieve high production efficiency.
- The Millac-33TU features a 2-axis rotary table and THINC®-OSP Control. This machine is a combination 5-axis vertical lathe/vertical machining center that performs heavy-duty milling and turning operations in one set-up.
- The Multus B200II, is a general purpose, multi-function machine that is designed to reduce set-up time by virtually eliminating repetitive fixture. The IMTS machine features a sub-spindel (W), P300S control, Machining-Navi, Super NURBS, tool center point control and Blum gaging.
- The Multus B750W features THINC-OSP Control, Collision Avoidance System, and Thermo-Friendly Concept. This machine is designed to hand the part from one spindle to the other to complete milling and turning operations without changing the part.
In addition to Okuma machines, members of Partners in THINC will be on hand demonstrating peripheral equipment, software and accessories. The Okuma THINC control will be featured, showcasing Advanced OneTouch and other software and applications. Representatives of the Okuma service network, Okuma CARE, will be on hand to demonstrate new technology and applications available to Okuma users.
For additional information, visit http://www.okuma.com.
About Okuma America Corporation:
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools and machining process optimization, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is the industry’s only single-source provider, with the machine, control, drive and spindle all manufactured by Okuma. Along with its industry-leading distribution network (largest in the Americas), Okuma delivers an expansive breadth of products, technology strength and innovation, and deep service and support offerings that empower the customer. For more information, visit http://www.okuma.com
About Partners in THINC
Partners in THINC is a unique facility and concept offering integrated solutions and a one-stop-shop designed to streamline current manufacturing processes, improve capabilities, or for exploring advanced manufacturing options. Each member of Partners in THINC brings specialized equipment, expertise and a commitment to provide the best possible integrated solutions to the end-user. For more information, visit http://www.partnersinthinc.com.