The Unscrambler Prediction and Classification Engines help manufacturers reduce costs and improve quality
Woodbridge, NJ (PRWEB) May 31, 2012
The Unscrambler® X Prediction Engine and Unscrambler® X Classification Engine version 10.2 use the advanced multivariate prediction and classification models from the latest version of The Unscrambler® X.
The Unscrambler X Prediction Engine and Classification Engine v10.2 is extended to support new functionality in The Unscrambler X v10.2 such as:
- Digitally signed project files
- The new pretreatments included in The Unscrambler X v10.2
- Support for prediction using Support Vector Machines Regression
The Unscrambler® X Prediction Engine and Unscrambler® X Classification Engine integrate seamlessly into process equipment and scientific instruments, such as spectrometers, giving the instrument more powerful analytical capabilities.
The engines are used for on-line process and quality control applications in industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, chemicals, oil & gas, food & beverage, agriculture and mining. They enable end-users to make real-time decisions on quality based on outputs of spectrometers or other process instruments, or detect process deviations before they become a problem. They enable a company to implement Process Analytical Technology (PAT) and Quality by Design (QbD) initiatives.
Brad Swarbrick, Vice President of Business and Product Development at CAMO Software, says, “The Unscrambler Prediction and Classification Engines help manufacturers reduce costs and improve quality. They allow them to transfer models developed in a central laboratory or technical group to the production or quality control department for on-line use, even if the end-user does not have experience with The Unscrambler®. This lets them benefit from advanced multivariate analytics without the need for specialist expertise.”
Example applications include:
- Prediction of protein/moisture content in grain for agricultural applications
- Predicting octane numbers in fuel in a petrochemical refinery
- Predict fat, starch and other characteristics in food products
- Predicting the presence of different types of metals in certain ores for the mining sector
- Classifying food according to different characteristics for authenticity (e.g. olive oil, wine, honey etc)
- Determining authenticity of pharmaceutical products using handheld instruments
- Sorting products on high-speed production lines into relevant groups according to product quality attributes
The Unscrambler® X Prediction Engine and Unscrambler® X Classification Engine are available through leading spectrometer vendors or directly via CAMO Software. A Programmers Reference Manual is available for end-users who wish to integrate the software into their existing instrument.