Pittsburgh, PA. (PRWEB) May 30, 2012
The new Proxicast LAN-Cell 3 VPN 3G/4G Router is ideal for accessing remote industrial control systems, SCADA, machine-to-machine communication (M2M), remote telemetry, and other data collection and control applications. The next-generation rugged LAN-Cell 3 succeeds the older LAN-Cell 2 and provides fast, reliable and cost-effective wireless Internet access over any 3G/4G (LTE, HSPA+) network worldwide. The LAN Cell 3 router is excellent for industrial and remote applications such as:
- Factory Automation, PLCs & Industrial Controls
- Remote Telemetry, Data-Loggers & RTUs
- Water Management & Wastewater Treatment
- Building Automation, HVAC Control & Diagnostics
- Oil & Gas Well Monitoring & Pipeline Management
- Weather, Environmental & Earthquake Monitoring
- Electric Power & Automated Meter Reading (AMR)
- Smart-Grid Management & Intelligent Power Distribution
- Railroad Signals, Crossings & Trackside Sensors
- Traffic Signals, Street Lights & Traffic/Red-Light Cameras
- Video Surveillance, CCTV, Webcams & Security
- Green Renewable Energy, Solar, Biogas & Wind
- Temporary Work & Construction Site Monitoring
- Digital Signs, Signals & Displays
“Our industrial customers are no longer blind to what is happening in the field or on the factory floor,” said Jim Sabol, COO of Proxicast. “Sensors and other data gathering devices can report information to a central site; or programmable logic controllers (PLC), data-loggers, and industrial computers can be remotely monitored, diagnosed and updated as needed. The new LAN-Cell 3 combines all of these devices into single 3G/4G data stream utilizing a single cellular account typically costing $50 to $60 per month, saving thousands of dollars per year per site,” said Mr. Sabol.
Another major application for the LAN-Cell 3 is remote machine diagnostics and troubleshooting. A “truck-roll” to a site to diagnose a piece of equipment can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars if the location is very remote. “We have a customer doing seismic monitoring that has equipment deployed in locations accessible only by helicopter,” said Mr. Sabol. With the LAN-Cell 3, remote diagnostics and service can be performed instantly from any Internet connection.
Even when industrial sites are not so remote, establishing on-site communications can be challenging. Manufacturers of industrial equipment such as turbines, pumps, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, boilers, HVAC systems, and other large complex machinery that provide maintenance service for their equipment are often prohibited from connecting to their customer’s existing network. Proxicast’s customers use the LAN-Cell 3G/4G VPN router as a “drop-in” communications solution providing remote access to the equipment while allaying the security concerns of the factory’s IT department. The 3G/4G cellular connection gives the equipment manufacturer a secure, direct and unrestricted IP communications link to their systems on the customer’s premises.
The LAN-Cell 3 supports 2G, 3G and 4G cellular modem standards, but LAN-Cell 3 is specifically designed to take advantage of the new high speed 4G (LTE, HSPA+) networks. It supports many of the currently available off-the-shelf 4G USB modems. With speeds of up to 27 Mbps, many new high-bandwidth mobile applications are now possible.
Key advantages of the LAN-Cell 3 mobile router include:
- Open upgradable architecture - high speed 3G/4G USB modem slot and external antenna ports
- Supports LTE, HSPA+, EV-DO, 1x, HSPA, HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS USB modems
- Automatic fail-over between 3G/4G Cellular & Ethernet WAN
- Enterprise-Class 3G/4G router with full VPN client + server (IPsec & PPTP)
- Supports 25 simultaneous VPN tunnels with 3DES & AES encryption
- Compatible with Cisco, Juniper, SonicWall, and other VPN routers / software
- High speed Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) 2x2 MIMO - Max data rate 300Mbps
- Wi-Fi is available on the LAN and as a WAN client simultaneously
- (4) port 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN switch + (1) Ethernet WAN port
- Advanced SPI firewall, Quality-of-Service (QOS) & security functions
- Easy management with web Interface & SNMP management
- A rugged industrial-grade steel chassis and unique multi-function mounting base
- Patented USB Modem-LOCK secures USB modem in place
The LAN-Cell 3 mobile 3G/4G router is available for immediate delivery worldwide directly from Proxicast and select resellers. The LAN-Cell 3 is “carrier independent”, supports the new 4G (LTE, HSPA+) wireless standards, legacy 2G and 3G networks, and is user-upgradable to future cellular modem technologies.
About Proxicast’s Family of 3G and 4G Routers
The Proxicast LAN-Cell family of professional-grade 3G routers and 4G routers (LTE, HSPA+) are high-performance, rugged and upgradeable. LAN-Cell routers can connect multiple Ethernet based computers and devices to a single cellular data account for primary or backup connectivity eliminating redundant cellular service for multiple devices. The PocketPORT is the world’s smallest 3G/4G USB Cellular Modem Bridge (mini router). Proxicast products are optimized for corporate, financial, video surveillance, security, mobile in vehicle applications (cars, trucks, buses, trains, boats), industrial automation, solar power, public transit, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) telemetry and SCADA. Popular applications include mobile video surveillance, construction site monitoring, PLCs and industrial controls, remote device data collection, traffic control, point-of-sale (POS), ATMs, mobile Wi-Fi hot-spots and more.
Proxicast products (3G routers, 4G routers, 3G/4G routers, LTE routers, HSPA+ routers, 3G modems, 4G modems, 3G/4G modems and LTE modems) are cellular carrier independent and use either PC-Card or USB cellular modem architecture - and can easily be upgraded. The LAN-Cell and PocketPORT support all major worldwide cellular (wireless) carriers including Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, AT&T Wireless, T Mobile, Rogers, Telus, Bell Mobility, Telcel, Orange, Vodafone, O2, Telstra and others. LAN-Cell and PocketPORT routers support 3G /4G modems made by Sierra Wireless, Novatel, Option, Pantech, Samsung, Huawei, ZTE and others.
Proxicast designs and manufactures innovative, commercial-grade, rugged industrial, secure wireless communications equipment that enables customers to increase productivity, enhance security, improve operational efficiency and reduce on-going communication costs. Proxicast focuses on wireless equipment for use with all major worldwide cellular standards including (CDMA) EV-DO Rev-A, EV-DO Rev-0, 1xRTT (1x) and (GSM) LTE, HSPA+, HSPA, HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, W-CDMA, EDGE and GPRS on cellular carriers including Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Rogers, Telus, Bell Mobility, Telcel, Orange, Vodafone, O2, Telstra and others. In 2003, Proxicast introduced the revolutionary and award winning, LAN Cell Mobile Gateway, the original cellular router. Proxicast is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is a privately-held corporation founded in 2000.
Press photos of the LAN-Cell 3 are available at: http://www.proxicast.com/lc3/LC3-gallery-pr.htm
For more information, visit Proxicast’s web site at http://www.proxicast.com or
call 877-77PROXI / 877-777-7694 (U.S.) or 412-213-2477 (International)
312 Sunnyfield Drive, Suite 200
Glenshaw, PA 15116-1936 USA
Proxicast is a registered trademark of Proxicast, LLC. LAN-Cell, Modem-LOCK, PocketPORT are trademarks of Proxicast, LLC. All other brand, product and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.