"Our 220 craft projects are inexpensive and accessible; we know the value of a dollar and don’t want kids to get the short end of the stick, so we created great projects with turnkey instructions,” said Robin Beam, director of education, A.C. Moore.
Berlin, N.J. (PRWEB) May 31, 2012
Just in time for school break, more than 220 creative crafts, keepsake treasures and summertime projects are available for one dollar each. In a time when a dollar won’t even buy a cup of coffee, A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts (http://www.acmoore.com) unveils their summertime boredom buster bonanza of craft projects, all for a dollar or less.
As director of education for A.C. Moore’s 140 stores, Robin Beam shares this season’s creative projects for $1 projects designed to engage kids and stave off both the budget and the “I’m bored” summertime blues at the same time.
“Each of our 220 craft projects are inexpensive and accessible; we know the value of a dollar and don’t want kids to get the short end of the stick, so we came up with our treasure trove of projects with turnkey instructions,” Beam said. “Parents, camp counselors and babysitters can inexpensively stock their craft pantry with a few items that will last through the summer.”
Some highlights include:
$1 DIY Summer Projects for Kids
1. Masks. Color yourself beautiful with your own wood mask including Butterfly, Princess, Monkey and more.
2. Nicole™ Kids Fun kits. Tons of fun with these kits containing everything you need to make creative projects– Acrylic Fame Decorating Kit; Clothes Pin Animals; and a Stitch-a-Pal Butterfly are just a few examples.
3. Painter’s caps. Prepare for sun protection, hats are always fun to decorate, versatile and useful throughout the summer. http://bit.ly/NicoleCraftsSummerHatsVisors
4. Glow necklace kits. Create fun ways to distinguish kids during late nights, fireworks or backyard games.
5. Leopard print visor. Fun without sun, visors helps kids keep the sun out of their eyes in a personalized style. http://bit.ly/NicoleCraftsSummerHatsVisors
6. Color Your Own Paddle ball. Keep hands busy with colors and coordination.
7. Camp memory book. Capture special summertime moments in keepsake custom spiral.
For more information about how to make the most of summertime or details on craft projects, go to http://www.acmoore.com.
About A.C. Moore
With more than 140 stores along the East Coast, A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc. brings families together for fun through creativity. Named by Parents Magazine as one of the top 10 places for birthday parties, A.C. Moore offers a wide range of programs to engage adults and children in crafting, including workshops, demonstrations and “Make & Takes.” In addition to traditional craft products, A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts is also well-known for its selection of scrapbooking, jewelry, floral, yarn, art supplies, children’s crafts kits and educational toys, along with ready-made frames and custom framing. To locate your local A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, visit us at http://www.acmoore.com/, http://www.facebook.com/acmoore and twitter.com/officialacmoore.
NOTE TO EDITORS & BLOGGERS: If you are interested in testing these crafts please contact kellie(at)carsonstoga(dot)com.