YouTube is the only site on the planet whose size and scale merits a highly vertical, targeted offering. Usually you create more engagement by housing all of your content on one channel, YouTube - obviously - is the exception.
Montreal, Canada (PRWEB) May 31, 2012
With the Internet doing to cable television what cable did to broadcast TV, YouTube has focused on creating highly targeted channels to "superserve the underserved".
With 72 hours of new content uploaded to the site each minute and 4 billion streams per day, YouTube presents a unique set of opportunities and challenges to content owners.
Whereas WatchMojo has managed to cut through the clutter on YouTube and rack up over 125 million views on its YouTube channel, the company’s vast catalog of 7,500 videos on Automotive, Business, Comedy, Education, Fashion, Film, Food, Health & Fitness, History, How To, Lifestyle, Music, Politics, Science, Space, Sports, Urban Living, Technology, Travel and Video Games will soon be getting their targeted channels.
WatchMojo’s horizontal editorial offering is filtered by covering the people, places and trends that have shaped the world, and then distributing these under licensing and syndication agreements on multiple platforms.
"The reality is that YouTube is the only site on the planet whose size and scale merits a highly vertical, targeted offering. We have experimented with such a strategy on multiple other aggregators and found that housing all of the verticals in one channel created more engagement. The exception, of course, is YouTube, which is the world's greatest entertainment platform".
WatchMojo’s objective is to position the core, flagship WatchMojo channel on YouTube to focus on Entertainment by publishing music, film and video game content.
The first targeted channel is WatchMojo Fashion, since it represents the largest block of content (over 1,000 videos) and nearly 25% of the company’s volume of all-time streams.
- Online, WatchMojo reaches nearly 20 million consumers each month on portals including Yahoo!, MSN, AOL, Time Warner’s Roadrunner.com as well as video destinations like YouTube, Hulu.
- In out-of-home digital networks, WatchMojo reaches 50 million consumers per month and generated well over a billion impressions throughout 2011 alone.
- In mobile, it has generated over 10 million all-time audited mobile streams/downloads in the quarter, as well (the total number including unaudited views is much higher).
- In the living room, WatchMojo is available via the increasing number of connected devices coming on the market, with apps on Boxee, Roku, WDTV Live and many more.
- Offline, academic publishers license the videos for educational purposes, both to teach foreigners how to speak English and to help North American students with their traditional curriculum.
WatchMojo was founded in 2006 and has emerged as one of the most industrious and polished video content creators with a catalog of 7,500 videos on lifestyle, entertainment and knowledge.
WatchMojo informs and entertains through video by covering the people, places and trends that you care about. The company’s short-form programming answers the questions on Who, What, Where, When and Why across thousands of topics in Automotive, Business, Comedy, Education, Fashion, Film, Food, Health & Fitness, History, How To, Lifestyle, Music, Politics, Science, Space, Sports, Urban Living, Technology, Travel and Video Games.
Providing videos to the world’s largest media companies and academic organizations, WatchMojo is a leading producer of professionally-produced, premium, brand-safe, evergreen, videos. The company’s catalog of seven thousand videos has generated 825 million video views online and billions more in out-of-home digital networks.
Digiday picked WatchMojo alongside CBS and HBO as the three finalists in the Best Entertainment Category at the Digiday Video Awards. Marketing Magazine picked WatchMojo as one of Canada’s Digital Media Companies to Watch in its September 2011 issue.
Learn more on http://www.WatchMojo.com