The recent IPO of the world’s largest social network serves as a metaphor for the digital media space in general, as we seek to solve the monetization puzzle, whose path is both hotly contested and highly debated
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 07, 2012
Digital Content Monetization East (DCM) announced today that its annual event would take place on June 19-21, 2012, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan in New York City. The industry confab attracts top brands, advertisers and entertainment experts and startups alike, all seeking to gain knowledge and connections from one another in the ongoing evolution and convergence of the digital media sector.
“The recent IPO of the world’s largest social network serves as a metaphor for the digital media space in general, as we seek to solve the monetization puzzle, whose path is both hotly contested and highly debated,” said newly-appointed social media conference Chairperson, founder and president of NVPR, Hal Bringman. “At DCM, we will explore how best to monetize Facebook’s 900M members, as it and the industry itself grapples with opportunities in mobile, advertising, gaming, the social graph, and other money-making possibilities the virtual environment has to offer.”
Highlights and key topics to include:
- Over 60 senior speakers including executives from Turner, HarperCollins, Starz, ESPN, CBS, MGM and Sony Music.
- Dedicated focus to addressing sports and gaming, two of the fastest trending sectors in social media. The sports day is in its third year, as it rapidly expands.
- Sessions on advertising revenue, payments, the growth of mobile, partnerships and social gaming, including key participant from IGT’s $500m acquisition of Double Down Interactive, Facebook’s #4 most popular social game.
- Startup Showcase highlights new talent in the industry – led by Todd Simon from Oppenheimer.
Confirmed speakers from industry thought leaders include:
· Jeben Berg, Head of Talent Innovations, Maker Studios
· Doug Rousso, Senior Vice Present and Chief Technology Officer, CBS Corporation
· Matt Crenshaw, Vice President, Marketing and Analytics, Social Media Communications, Discovery Communications
· ShanilGovil-Pai, Senior Product Manager, YouTube
· Cachita Hynes, Marketing Director, Worldwide Distribution, MGM
· Hal Bringman, President and Founder, NVPR
· Phil Kearney, former Chief Product Officer, Global Grind
· Johnny McMahon, former Head of Digital Production, Endemol USA
· Peter Phillips, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Digital Media Group, Marvel Entertainment
· Evan Silverman, Senior Vice President, Digital Media, A+E Networks
· Derek Simmons, President, Dark 5 Entertainement
· Todd Simon, Head of Digital Media, Oppenheimer
· Doug Smoyer, Vice President, Business Development, New York Giants
· Peter Stringer, Director, Interactive Media, Boston Celtics
· Mara Winokur, Senior Vice President, Digital Media, Starz Entertainment
· Bill Young, Managing Director, EA Ready, ElectronicArts
- Philippe Perreaux, CEO, Rightclearing
To register for DCM, click here.
About DCM East
The premise behind DCM East is simple: to help media & entertainment experts improve processes, build audiences, create relationships…in short, anything which enables them to monetize their digital content.
DCM Events launched in 2010 and now 3 events take place across the globe, in New York, London and LA, bringing regional and international experts together to share ideas and experiences.
Attracting only the most senior execs from across publishing, broadcasting, music, games, movies, sport and social media, the DCM events define monetization strategies for key M&E players.
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events organises more than 200 events (a mixture of exhibitions, conferences and seated events) annually across the globe. More than 12,000 companies trust us with their custom each year and over 700,000 people give their valuable time to visit our events. This success has come from identifying high-value, niche audiences in difficult-to-reach markets and then building them into market-leading products.
NVPR is a digital media consultancy that is well-known for introducing disruptive technologies to the market. With an ROI emphasis and an entrepreneurial mindset, NVPR helps companies reach the next level, whether select startups, or major multinational corporations. Founded in 1998, the firm launched the digital music revolution and has continued to lead the digital media marketplace through today. The firm consults a wide range of clients providing them with strategic PR, marketing and business development services all delivered with a global perspective. For more information, please visit http://www.nvpr.com