London, UK (PRWEB UK) 9 June 2012
Google Docs is securely powered by the Web which allows users remote access to corporate data on any device. Google Docs is built with collaboration at its heart, allowing real-time editing by multiple users with a revision history that enables roll back to any version. Documents shared in Google Docs can be accessed, viewed and edited offline.
AppsCare has uncovered 10 tips for making the most out of Google Docs by exploring some of the less obvious features of the suite.
1. Add the ‘Google Docs for Android’ app to smart phones for remote collaboration and increased user productivity
2. Install ‘WatchDoc’ a chrome extension that provides notifications when a document has been updated. Also provides users with information on who updates which document, how many times and when
3. Download ‘CloudMagic’ for offline search of mail, contacts and documents
4. ‘Drag and Drop’ works for uploading documents as well as images taken straight form Google Images
5. ‘Google Docs Viewer’ lets you view and share over 15 types of files online, including attachments in Gmail
6. Limit user capabilities (to view, comment or edit) in order to increase efficiency when sharing a document amongst several employees
7. Use the Word Processer to create web pages: create a page, click file, download as – HTML, rename as index. Html and upload to your web space
8. Save drawings in a scalable form: download as SVG option so that when you access the file offline the image quality does not deteriorate if the file size changes
9. Share docs with non-docs users: click sharing settings, click the padlock icon, change the privacy entry, and adjust who has editing rights
10. Keyboard shortcuts are the ultimate way to speed up productivity: access the relevant shortcuts here.
AppsCare®, Google Enterprise Premier Partner is a world leader in cloud services provisions, supporting over 2500 customers in 33 countries. AppsCare® comprise 10+ years’ experience deploying technical solutions for organisations of all sizes and geographies utilising our GStall delivery methodology and AppsCare® support programmes. Our fortnightly newsletter provides latest industry news, tips and ‘how to’ features and useful information about Cloud computing, to subscribe to our mailing list click here.