(PRWEB) June 08, 2012
Today, Liquid Flow Clothing, the fast growing New York-based apparel brand, announced an online Father’s Day contest in response to a quick survey done to find out what Dads might really want for Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17th. The research indicated Dads don’t want anything traditional. Instead, they actually prefer a gift that is unique and does not necessarily even need to be something that is purchased.
Liquid Flow Clothing decided to do the informal survey after reviewing a number of Father’s Day related studies on Thursday that included polls and social media conversations showing that while 42% of Dads were hoping for some sort of “tech gadget” the other 58% may very well be looking for something new, unique, comfortable and wearable.
Some of those studies found than more than 65% of Dads would prefer not to receive a gift at all if that gift was “traditional”, such as a necktie. A third study showed that 7 out of 10 Father’s Day gifts will be purchased online and are related to some sort of promotion and won’t be purchased until the last minute.
The final decision to create the Father’s Day contest was due to a revelation that Dads indicated receiving a gift that was a part of going anywhere or doing anything to earn or create a gift, including being the result of winning a contest or lottery is “pretty cool, make it special or would be an ultimate gift.”
Liquid Flow Clothing’s CEO, Nate Whiteley said, “The contest seemed like a great idea. All the research screamed ‘do it.’ So, we are. Our product is perfect for Father’s Day. Our shorts are the ultimate do-anything, go-anywhere shorts. Whether you're at the beach, on the golf course, or out in town, Liquid Flow are the most versatile shorts anyone would ever own."
Don Samuels, a New York area father of three said after being surveyed and learning of who was involved in the contest, “A friend of mine sent me a YouTube video about these shorts. I loved it. What I love even more is the thought that my kids might take the time and enter a contest like this. I’ve been going to purchase a pair or two, but to think about seeing the smiles on their faces if they’d win, that’s special, something I would never forget.”
The Liquid Flow Father’s Day contest features a Grand Prize of a complete set of their new Summer 2012 Collection line of eight (8) different styles of shorts for one winner (valued at more than $500); 25 second prize awards of one pair of the winner’s choice (valued at $68) and 50 third place prize awards of $25 Online Gift Cards, good towards purchase of any product sold http://www.liquidflowclothing.com. Consumers can enter the contest by visiting http://liquidflownyc.com/fathers/fathersday.html and telling the company in 50 words or less why their nominee should win.
Consumers can also email a photo via the website if they wish to do so. The contest ends at midnight, Wednesday, June 13, 2012. Winners will be notified via email on Thursday, June 14th, and prizes will be distributed before Father’s Day on June 17th.
Liquid Flow Clothing is located in the heart of New York City's Fashion District.