Plainfield, IN (PRWEB) June 12, 2012
It’s not very often that a car dealership holds a scavenger hunt. But for Stoops Buick GMC this event is an opportunity to bring the community together and have fun while doing so. The scavenger hunt – which will be held this Saturday, June 16th – will begin at 9:00 a.m. at the Stoops Buick GMC dealership and will run throughout the day. Cash prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place finishers – $350, $250 and $150 respectively – and at the end of the race everyone will join together and enjoy a free post-hunt BBQ lunch.
Another key piece of the scavenger hunt is social media. Participants are required to take pictures and post them on Facebook and/or Twitter. “The idea is to encourage participation and build relationships in the community,” said Stoops’ Marketing Director, Barbara Winegar. “Not just the physical community in Plainfield, but the online, social media community. By encouraging participants to take pictures and post them online we will be able to share the experience with everyone, not just the people participating in the hunt.” Clues will also be released daily on the Stoops Buick-GMC, INC Facebook page and on the @StoopsBGMC Twitter page before the event for those who would like to get a head start.
The team that collectively posts highest number of relevant photos on Facebook and/or Twitter is also eligible to win a cash prize of $100 per site. That means the first place team could potentially win up to $550. The posted photos will be shown throughout the hunt at the dealership and must have the dealership's profile tagged in order to be eligible for a win.
Rules for the event are as follows:
1. Teams must stay together at all times. Members cannot split up to 'divide' tasks.
2. Participants cannot do anything that will ruin other peoples’ chances to win. That means no sabotaging, lying, cheating, stealing, or copying others' work.
3. If a team – or anyone one person on a team – cheats or breaks the rules, the whole team will be disqualified.
4. The idea behind the scavenger hunt is to have fun, but this must be done within the legal boundaries. If a participant breaks any laws at any time during any portion of the scavenger hunt, that entire team will be disqualified.
5. All decisions made by the judges are final. No exceptions.
If community members are interested in taking part in the First Annual Stoops Scavenger Hunt Event they should arrive at Stoops Buick GMC at 1251 Quaker Blvd, Plainfield, Indiana on Saturday, June 16th before 9:00 a.m. Additional information and timely updates can be found on the dealership's Social Media pages at https://www.facebook.com/StoopsBuickGMC and http://www.twitter.com/StoopsBGMC.