“We’ve designed the series’ agenda with practical topics pertaining to the scientific and regulatory considerations of capturing patient perspective in clinical development,” said Dr. Jean Paty, invivodata’s Chief Scientist and Regulatory Officer.
Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) June 13, 2012
invivodata inc. ® the industry leader in reliable electronic solutions and strategic consulting services for successful Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) data collection in global clinical research, today opened registration for its PROficiency™ 2012 Regional Conference Series. Occurring throughout Europe and the US, this series of 1-day educational events will provide biopharmaceutical researchers with current, relevant information on effectively using COAs in clinical development, with focus on recent trends pertaining to regulators’ increasing emphasis on all patient centered data, including patient, clinician, and observer reported outcomes (PRO, ClinRO, and ObsRO).
The series, which is an extension of invivodata’s ongoing educational initiative, PROficiency™ 2012: PROs and Beyond, has been expanded to ten locations on the following dates:
- Friday, September 7 – Basel, Switzerland
- Tuesday, September 11 – Research Triangle Park, NC (US)
- Thursday, September 13 – Rockville, MD (US)
- Tuesday, September 18 – San Francisco, CA (US)
- Thursday, September 20 – San Diego, CA (US)
- Tuesday, October 2 – Princeton, NJ (US)
- Thursday, October 4 – Cambridge, MA (US)
- Thursday, October 11 – The Hague, The Netherlands
- Tuesday, October 16 – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Thursday, October 18 – London, England
“We’ve designed the series’ agenda with practical topics pertaining to the scientific and regulatory considerations of capturing patient perspective in clinical development,” said Dr. Jean Paty, invivodata’s Chief Scientist and Regulatory Officer. “Our goal is for attendees to walk away from each conference with real-world information that can be used day-to-day in their clinical research.”
Each conference agenda includes sessions focused on meeting current, global COA regulations, developing effective COA endpoint strategies for Phase II and III research, and implementing COA / electronic COA (eCOA) data capture in clinical development. Presentations will be delivered by a diverse faculty of international biopharmaceutical professionals and industry and regulatory experts, including:
- Dr. Tara Symonds, Head of PRO Centre of Excellence, Global Market Access, Primary Care Business Unit, Pfizer Ltd.
- Dr. Ron C. Falcone, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Incyte Corporation
- Dr. Olivier Chassany, Medical Head of the Department of Clinical Research and Development, Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
- Dr. John Powers, Asst. Clinical Professor of Medicine, George Washington University School of Medicine; Washington, DC
- Eric Gemmen, Sr. Director of Epidemiology and Outcomes Research, Quintiles, Inc.
- Sean Stanton, Co-Founder & Owner, Compass Research, LLC
Post-conference surveys from last year’s series indicated that 96% of attendees said the knowledge gained from the conferences would make them more effective in their job. After participating in the series, an Associate Clinical Program Director from Astellas Pharma Europe remarked, “Great meeting! Very informative, good discussions, some new insights gained…truly back to the patient!”
invivodata is offering a discount of over 30% off registration fees for attendees who register before July 31, 2012. For additional information and to register for the series, visit http://www.invivodata.com/resource-center/proficiency-educational-series/proficiency-regional-conferences.
invivodata is the only fully-integrated Clinical Outcomes Assessments (COA) company delivering regulatory-proven strategic consulting and practical electronic solutions to biopharmaceutical companies who depend upon patient-centered research. From reliable and scientifically sound consulting that helps research teams effectively develop, execute, and document COA strategies to electronically collecting COA data in global clinical development programs, invivodata helps its customers strategically use patient, clinician, and observer reported outcomes data (PROs, ClinROs & ObsROs) to support labeling claims, enhance reimbursement strategies, and meet other clinical program objectives. Through partnerships with leading CROs and eClinical technology providers, invivodata seamlessly integrates into the clinical trial ecosystem, helping to minimize operational risk and maximize efficiencies. invivodata’s electronic solutions and strategic consulting services have been used in over 600 clinical projects and are built upon the industry-leading ePRO system in delivering primary efficacy data for global drug approvals. invivodata, inc. is a privately held company with global headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA., USA; its European headquarters is in London, England; and its technology development center is in Scotts Valley, CA., USA. For more information, visit http://www.invivodata.com.