“We have been putting a big focus on our product development, and these hard-earned certifications support our efforts to offer the best possible solutions to meet our clients’ needs,” said Sevag Ajemian, president and CEO of Globanet.
Los Angeles, Calif. (PRWEB) June 18, 2012
Globanet, a global leader in specialized solutions for archiving implementations, data migrations and ediscovery, today announced that its latest version of GEM, 5.0, has received Symantec’s competitive and intrasite certifications for Symantec Enterprise Vault 8 and 10. Symantec’s rigorous and thorough certification process is designed for its STEP (Symantec Technology Enabled Program) partners, empowering them to integrate and certify their solutions with Symantec’s product portfolio, resulting in access to greater market opportunities.
“We have been putting a big focus on our product development, and these hard-earned certifications support our efforts to offer the best possible solutions to meet our clients’ needs,” said Sevag Ajemian, president and CEO of Globanet. “Our latest version of GEM is the most comprehensive yet, and it has been very well received.”
Globanet is a STEP partner and has expert knowledge of the Enterprise Vault API. In addition to offering a competitive- and intrasite-certified migration solution, Globanet also offers custom development to meet clients’ specific requirements.
GEM 5.0 offers a number of enhancements, including:
- Exchange Web Services (EWS) Improvements – The use of an Intermediate Mailbox/Folder (now allowed) enables GEM to bypass problems created by EWS timeouts; Improved Connection Test capabilities allow GEM to quickly and efficiently perform tests ahead of migrations to EWS; and Folder Targeting allows all data to be migrated to a specific folder for journal creation.
- Performance Management – Users of GEM can now restrict the speed at which migrations run, using the new throttling controls. This prevents valuable resources from being consumed and affecting the end-user experience of the source or target archiving systems by preventing the migration from pushing the systems beyond their normal performance limits.
- GEM Console – GEM can be run from a command line for test and debug purposes, instead of only running as a Windows Service. This allows the local user environment to be utilized for the migration, speeding up the elimination of some potential permission problems during the diagnosis of problems.
- SMTP Target – GEM is now able to migrate to SMTP targets, which include cloud archiving systems and services (such as Enterprise Vault.cloud, Global Relay and Mimecast), and on-premise systems that allow SMTP feeds.
- LDAP Query – New Active Directory integration functionality has been provided in GEM to allow the restriction of shortcut healing to particular users only based on an Active Directory filter.
- Reporting Improvements – GEM now uses the latest version of the SQL Server reporting engine, giving better charting, granularity and a new report – the container report – which shows container completion information for EmailXtender sources.
- Windows Installer XML (WIX) – GEM now uses a new extensible installation technology, which will allow far more of the GEM installation and upgrade to be automated. This also provides the foundation for GEM upgrades in future releases.
Pricing & Availability
GEM 5.0 is available now. Please contact Globanet at (888) 427-5505 for pricing information.
Globanet is a leading provider of archiving and ediscovery solutions worldwide. Founded in 1996, the company is a pioneer in archiving and intelligent information governance, and has developed a portfolio of software and services to help organizations manage data from creation to expiry. Globanet’s proprietary solutions include the Merge1 message capture platform and GEM data migration software. A Symantec Platinum Partner with Master Specialization in Archiving and eDiscovery, its professional services team has extensive experience with industry-leading Enterprise Vault and Clearwell. Globanet’s broad range of services includes policy and solution design, installation and configuration, data migration, custom add-ons and project-based ediscovery consulting. For more information, call (888) 427-5505 or visit http://www.globanet.com. Visit the Globanet Blog at http://www.globanet.com/news-and-events/globanet-blog or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/globanet.