The best way to predict the future is to create it. Peter Drucker
San Antonio, Texas (PRWEB) June 21, 2012
Alzafar Shriners Pulling for Kids Charity Clay Shoot
Have a blast while helping Shriners Hospitals for Children
San Antonio, Texas – Alzafar Shriners are announcing their charity clay shoot, “Alzafar Shriners Pulling for Kids – a charity clay shoot”. It is a skeet, trap and sporting clay shoot happening August 25, 2012 at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio.
“There is something for everyone,” said J.D. Thomas, High Priest & Prophet of the Alzafar Shriners. “We will have events for Men, women and young shooters”. From novice to world class, everyone will have a great time.”
“Alzafar Shriners Pulling for Kids – a charity clay shoot” is limited to the first 500 people to register, so shooters are encouraged to sign up quickly. Participants will enjoy valuable door prizes, a silent and live auction, along with breakfast, lunch and a post event celebration. Shooters will not only be having fun, they will be making a difference in a child’s life. The live auction will be performed by Colonel Rick Stroud of Blue Fox Benefit Auctions from San Antonio, TX, http://www.bluefoxauctions.com.
“Proceeds of this event will benefit the Shriners Hospital for Children Galveston and Shriners Hospital for Children Houston,” explained Thomas. “Shriners Hospitals for Children treat children from all over south Texas, regardless of patients ability to pay.”
Net proceeds will also help support the Alzafar Hospital Transportation fund, which transports patients to the hospitals. Shriners support 22 hospitals nationwide through various fundraisers and events.
ABOUT ALZAFAR SHRINERS & SHRINERS HOSPITALS FOR CHILDREN
Most know the Shriners as the jolly men sporting red fezzes, elaborate clown costumes and racing around in mini-cars during Fiesta and other area parades. However, behind the fez lies a serious business: raising funds for the 22 Shriners Hospitals for Children across the nation.
- Shriners Hospitals for Children provide medical care for children suffering from burns, orthopedic conditions, spinal cord injuries and cleft lip and palate conditions
- The first Shriners Hospital for Children was opened in 1922 in Shreveport, LA
- Worldwide, nearly one million children have been helped regardless of a patient’s ability to pay
- Texas has two Shriners Hospital locations: Houston & Galveston. The Galveston Hospital is home to the world-renowned burn center
- Alzafar Shriners are headquartered in San Antonio are celebrating their 97th year of service with more than 2,000 members
- The Alzafar Shriners have established their presence in 24 South Central Texas counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dewitt, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kinney, Kerr, LaSalle, Maverick, McMullen, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Wilson, Zapata & Zavala
- Alzafar clubs are located in Laredo, Canyon Lake, Medina Lake, Kerrville, Seguin/New Braunfels and Del Rio
- Each year, more than 700 children from San Antonio and South Texas are treated at Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Alzafar Shriners log more than 40,000 miles a year transporting patients to a Shriners Hospital for Children in Texas