Tunbridge Wells, Kent (PRWEB UK) 24 June 2012
Tax director, Stephanie Parker, received the award on behalf of Creaseys from comedian, Marcus Brigstocke.
“We were delighted to win this Award and have our Tax Practice honoured in this way,” says Richard Holme, Senior Tax Partner. “Competition for these awards is fierce and much prized in the accountancy profession.”
The Creaseys’ entry focused on the strength of its tax team and how the firm: communicates tax ideas, offers technical excellence, overcomes any challenges, supports professional bodies, reacts to IT innovation and looks to offer top level service to forward thinking clients.
Creaseys acts for a large number of individuals and businesses, but also specialises in international work, private equity, landed estates, trusts and VAT. Transactions (sales and management buyouts, for example) are also important, as is the firm’s membership of IGAF Polaris, which gives access to colleagues in 89 countries.
“Another key aspect of our entry was the number of excellent testimonials we received from both clients and contacts,” explains Richard.
One leading QC commented:
“Creaseys meets the competitive threat from London by offering Big Firm expertise with the personal touch of a single office practice. Having worked with Creaseys over many years on a wide range of technical issues arising out of big ticket transactions, I am able to say that their highly motivated teams consistently provide quality advice. I cannot think of any other single office practice which is remotely comparable.”
A solicitor commented:
“Creaseys has exceptional commitment to training and technical skills and has also managed to retain excellent client care skills. Richard Holme and Elizabeth Robertson, in particular, are very approachable, but totally on the ball, both commercially and technically. They punch far above their weight.”
The Finance Director of an owner managed business commented:
“There has been the odd occasion when I needed to contact Creaseys out of hours and always received, by return, responses which have enabled me to plan and resolve issues immediately, allowing me, as a client, to have a better work life balance.
I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Richard and the team at Creaseys for the Single Office Tax Practice – they are, in effect, more than advisers, but are our business partners.”
“At Creaseys we offer excellent service as well as a wide range of specialisms in an ever changing tax world,” says Richard. “New proposals such as the general anti-avoidance rule and the reduction in top income tax rates are just some examples of the changes we are already advising clients on, as well as the statutory definition of residence.”
- Kent-based Creaseys has eight partners and a team of approximately 80. The practice has been established for more than 150 years and works with forward thinking businesses and individuals in the Tunbridge Wells area, as well as further afield.
- The practice has two specialist divisions: Corporate & Business and Private Clients.
- Within Corporate & Business, Creaseys has developed particular expertise in a number of sectors including property; IT and telecoms; charities and education; agriculture; private equity; and professional practices.
- In its Private Clients division, Creaseys has strong skills and experience in high net worth individuals, trusts and estates; and non-domiciles (particularly providing tax advice to non-domiciled taxpayers).
- Creaseys is a founding member of the Kent Corporate Finance Alliance (KCFA) and is also a member firm of IGAF Polaris, an association of independent firms that shares ideas and expertise across the globe.
- Creaseys trains young accountants in both tax and accounting disciplines and enjoys enviable success, with a number of prize winners over the last three years.
- The firm has a very strong CSR programme and currently supports local charity Tunbridge Wells Crisis Recovery as its ‘charity of the year’. TWCR is a Christian charity staffed by trained volunteers, which supports addicts by providing both practical support and access to a 10 Steps Recovery Programme.