Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 25, 2012
As plans are finalized for the 26th National Conference on Problem Gambling, the list of sponsors for the annual event continues to grow.
“Without the many sponsors for the two-day conference, we would not be able to bring in the excellent group of speakers and panelists or provide some of the other features that are so important to the conference,” said Rose Gruber, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling, co-host of this year’s conference in Milwaukee. “We want to thank all of the sponsors for their support, which is critical to the success of the conference.”
“We’re very impressed with the response from a broad cross-section of the gaming industry in the Upper Midwest in supporting this conference,” said Keith Whyte, Executive Director of the National Council on Problem Gambling. “State lotteries, tribal casinos, commercial casinos, gaming manufacturers, and treatment providers from the public and private sectors from across the country have all come together to help ensure that the conference can provide the newest developments on problem gambling to all the stakeholders.” So far, the sponsors have contributed a record-breaking $250,000 for the conference. Over $100,000 of that has been contributed by organizations in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana and Illinois in support of their communities and everyone affected by problem gambling.
The sponsors for the National Conference on Problem Gambling include:
- America’s Heartland Sponsors – Four Winds Casino Resort, GTECH and Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling
- Hometown Sponsor – Potawatomi Bingo Casino
- Badger State Sponsors – AGEM, IGT and Sunland Park
- Great Lakes Sponsor – SAMHSA
- Dairyland Sponsor – Mohegan Sun
- Friday Night Highlight Sponsor – Northstar Lottery Group
- Green & Gold Sponsors – Caesars Entertainment, Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin, Hoosier Lottery, TVG Betfair, United Community & Family Services and Wisconsin Lottery
- Wisconsin Dells Sponsors – Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells, Lake of the Torches Casino, Minnesota State Lottery and Oneida Casino
- Cheese Wedge Sponsors – C.A.R.E. Treatment Center and North Carolina Education Lottery
- Training Sponsors – APGSA, Illinois Council on Problem Gambling, Iowa Department of Public Health and Penn National Gaming Foundation
The national conference will take place at the Hyatt Regency in Milwaukee on July 13-14. There will also be pre-conference workshops on July 11-12. It’s the first time the national conference has been held in Wisconsin.
“We’re very excited to be able to serve as co-host of the national conference,” Gruber added. “The conference is a great opportunity for those who work with problem gambling to hear about the latest developments and discuss ways to raise awareness of this ‘hidden addiction.’”
For more information on the 26th National Conference on Problem Gambling, visit http://www.ncpgambling.org. To learn more about the Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling, go to http://www.wi-problemgamblers.org.
The National Council on Problem Gambling is the national advocate for programs and services to assist problem gamblers and their families. The mission of the NCPG is to increase public awareness of pathological gambling, ensure the widespread availability of treatment for problem gamblers and their families, and to encourage research and programs for prevention and education. Visit http://www.ncpgambling.org for more information.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call the National Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-800-522-4700 for local confidential help.
National Council on Problem Gambling