We've completely eliminated the need to spend money with a third party utility billing service and this savings actually pays for our monthly AppFolio payments.
Santa Barbara, CA (PRWEB) June 28, 2012
AppFolio, Inc., providers of web-based property management software, now includes Ratio Utility Billing (RUBS) as an optional, free feature available for multifamily customers. AppFolio is the first and only software provider to offer RUBS for free.
Ratio Utility Billing (RUBS) is a valuable service that allows property managers to recover utility costs rather than simply absorbing them as a cost of doing business. This natural rent increase then allows the property management company or apartment owner to collect even more revenue each month. Because this feature is included at no additional charge, AppFolio customers experience an even more dramatic increase in revenue.
Benefits of Using AppFolio’s Ratio Utility Billing (RUBS) Feature:
- No Additional Charge…It’s Free with AppFolio Property Manager: Traditional ratio utility billing providers charge two dollars (or more) per unit per month – this is very expensive. When customers purchase AppFolio’s web-based property management software this feature is included for free.
- Increase Revenue: Using Ratio Utility Billing allows property management companies to increase rental income each month with a rent increase that covers the costs of utilities.
- No Extra Spreadsheets or Complicated ‘Integrations’: RUBS is completely built-in to AppFolio’s property management software. Customers simply activate the feature and start using it.
- Convergent Billing – All resident and property information is stored in AppFolio Property Manager so residents receive just one consolidated bill each month with utility, rent and other charges.
- Residents Use Fewer Resources – Studies have shown that residents who are billed back for utilities are more likely to use fewer resources and will naturally conserve more. This translates to even greater savings across the portfolio.
AppFolio customers are very excited about this new feature. “With this new Ratio Utility Billing feature in AppFolio the amount of time we spend processing utility bills has decreased by 85%. I can now simply enter the utility bill and the software does all the work,” said Michael Bracy from M3 Multifamily. “We also completely eliminated the need to spend money with a third party utility billing service and this savings actually pays for our monthly AppFolio payments. Not only are we now spending time much more efficiently we are also really impacting our profitability.”
Headquartered in Santa Barbara, AppFolio was started by a team of technology leaders with proven experience creating software that businesses love to use. AppFolio creates complete, easy-to-use, web-based solutions for multiple markets and the first AppFolio SaaS service (AppFolio Property Manager) was specifically created for residential property managers. AppFolio also provides RentApp the first free, online rental application solution and AppFolio SecureDocs, secure virtual data rooms that speed up financial transactions. With original investors including Cisco Systems, BV Capital and the Investment Group of Santa Barbara, AppFolio’s rapid growth is being fueled by very happy and loyal customers. For more information, please visit http://www.AppFolio.com.