The education market is at a tipping point in terms of collecting and using data to improve education practices for the individual student
White Plains, New York (PRWEB) June 27, 2012
eScholar, the leader in driving the application of research and data to personalize education, today announced the hiring of Marc Hoffmeister as Director for Account & Project Management of eScholar’s growing State and district-level customers. Hoffmeister’s hiring is in response to eScholar’s rapid growth and expansion during the first part of 2012. eScholar’s growth at all levels stems from the education market’s demand to collect and transform data into actionable information to drive decisions.
eScholar has made a number of significant product and industry announcements since the beginning of the year that strategically position the organization to further positively impact the effectiveness of education.
- eScholar myTrack™: delivers a collaborative student-centric goal planning solution that taps into longitudinal data
- eScholar U™: provides a highly customizable online learning management system that supports the delivery of valuable information from subject matter experts into the hands of educators
- eScholar Interstate™ ID eXchange: allows a State Education Agency to proactively search and identify individual students across state lines and eliminate false dropouts
- Industry Standards: eScholar has participated in the development and implementation of today’s key standards, including Ed-Fi™, Common Core State Standards, as well as Shared Learning Infrastructure (SLI). In response to key customers, eScholar has integrated the results of these initiatives into its core product offerings.
“The education market is at a tipping point in terms of collecting and using data to improve education practices for the individual student,” shared Shawn Bay, CEO and founder of eScholar. “eScholar has been working with our existing customers at both the state and district levels to identify real needs. Applying our expertise in data, eScholar developed solutions that solve real problems and advance educations’ objective of supporting individual students. We are excited to have Marc join us at this time and lead our efforts with our growing customer demands as they leverage the data in unique ways.”
Assuming responsibility for eScholar’s client base, customer education and professional services group, Hoffmeister will report directly to eScholar’s President, Wolf Boehme. Marc brings to this position a strong analytic and team building background. Prior to eScholar, Hoffmeister served as a Director with New York University’s Program Services Office responsible for implementing a multi-year data warehouse project. Prior to New York University, Hoffmeister served as Reporting and Analytics Manager for the Children’s Place where he developed and grew the organization’s ability to use data to drive the business. Prior to the Children’s Place, Hoffmeister held a variety of technical positions and project management positions at Visions Associates and the United Parcel Service. Hoffmeister conducted his undergraduate studies in Dentistry at Freie Universitaet, Berlin, Germany and earned a Bachelor of Arts, Economics from New York University, NY.
Using Data in Education
Schools collect pertinent information from multiple sources to drive curriculums and meet specific Federal and State-level requirements. The information collected ranges from student attendance and enrollment records to class grades and credits, program participation and funding, testing, staff assignments and certifications, professional development, financial budgets, and more. An education-based data warehouse integrates and consolidates this information – otherwise dispersed across the enterprise – ensuring data integrity and applying data quality and validation to create consistency. It also presents the information for analysis and reporting to a wide range of stakeholders and users, including administrators at all levels, teachers, counselors, support staff, students, parents, and legislators.
- eScholar CDW solution is the most comprehensive P-20 education data warehouse solution available.
- eScholar’s data management products are relied upon by nearly 20 million students, more than 4,800 school districts and 13 state-level education agencies.
- The eScholar CDW meets, on average, over 90% of education agencies’ data requirements out-of-the-box, enabling rapid implementation and fast demonstration of value to all stakeholders, ensuring continued project support and success over the life of the project.
eScholar is the nation's leading innovator in the application of billions of individual education data points to support the needs and goals of each person. eScholar customers are realizing significant improvements in their ability to meet mandated reporting requirements but more importantly in their ability to improve pre-K through postsecondary student achievement. eScholar delivers an entire suite of award winning data warehouse, student and staff identifier management and collaborative goal planning solutions. Relied on by 13 state education agencies and over 4,800 school districts across the country, eScholar products transform the way educators use data. For more information about eScholar, visit http://www.escholar.com or call 877-328-2969.