Sacramento, CA (PRWEB) June 27, 2012
The Canary Party asks Californians to join them today in telling the state senate to vote down AB2109.
A hearing is scheduled before the California Senate Health Committee on Wednesday, June 27th for AB2109. The hearing will be held at 1:30 P.M. in the John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203).
California State Capitol
1301 10th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
http://shea.senate.ca.gov/agenda - committee hearing agenda
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/asm/ab_2101-2150/ab_2109_bill_20120620_amended_sen_v97.html - text of most current version.
AB2109 is sponsored by Sacramento Assemblyman Dr. Richard Pan. AB2109 will force parents to get the signature of a medical doctor, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant in order to exercise their legal right to use a personal belief exemption to any of the vaccines required for school in California. This bill, if passed, will apply to every single parent with school aged children in California, including those who send their children to private schools or home school them. This is an extremely controversial issue and it should be covered by the news media in California.
Supporters of AB2109 say it does not take away exemption rights, however if parents are unable to comply with the new law for any of the following reasons, their child cannot go to school and they will subject to truancy laws:
· The healthcare practitioner refuses to sign the form because nothing in the bill says they have to.
· It is against the parent’s religion to go to the type of healthcare practitioner allowed to sign the form.
· The parent cannot afford a visit to the healthcare practitioner to get the form signed.
· The parent cannot find a physician who will accept non vaccinated or partially vaccinated children in their practice. Parents are being kicked out of medical practices for not fully vaccinating.
· The parent selectively vaccinates and utilizes an RN, a school nurse or a pharmacist who can all administer vaccines in CA, but cannot sign the form.
· The parent only utilizes alternative medicine.
· The parent only has access to a health department or school clinic that only has an RN or School Nurse on staff, who is not allowed to sign.
· The parent currently is in the Healthy Families program and may have difficulty finding a medical provider after the Healthy Families Program is rolled over to Medi-Cal.