The State of Veracruz offers vast resources and experiences for adventure tourism and we want to share it with the world.
-Leticia Perlasca Nuñez, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Cinematography, Veracruz
Boca del Rio, Mexico (PRWEB) July 03, 2012
Mexico’s state of Veracruz announces it will host ATMEX, the country’s first trade and consumer adventure travel fair featuring Mexico’s top adventure travel tour operators and destinations.
Taking place September 5-9, 2012 at the World Trade Center of the coastal city of Boca del Rio, Veracruz, ATMEX is organized by the Government of the State of Veracruz in collaboration with the state’s Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Cinematography, the Ministry of Tourism of Mexico, the Mexican Tourism Board (CPTM) and designed by the Adventure Travel Trade Association(ATTA), the world’s leading adventure tourism trade organization. Familiarization tours for key media will take place September 1-4, 2012, the inauguration will include a Day of Adventure for all participants in Catemaco, Mexico on September 5, the trade program will be September 6 and 7, and consumer days will be September 8 and 9.
Born out of the 2011 Adventure Travel World Summit in San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, at which Mexico’s President Felipe Calderón emphatically supported responsible adventure tourism development for the nation, the event aims to create a learning environment for domestic tour operators, to help Mexican suppliers develop new partnerships with buyer and media, and to stimulate responsible growth and sustainable development for Mexico and for the adventure travel trade worldwide.
The event is themed “Breaking New Trails” and will include pre-event familiarization tours taking place in various places throughout Mexico—all expenses paid—for a select group of media; applications are due August 1, 2012 and can be completed here.
ATMEX is tailored to attract and serve qualified buyers from America and Europe seeking direct access to dynamic business-to-business marketplace with facilitated networking, with more than 150 of Mexico’s top-quality operators ready to partner with export-ready product.
“The State of Veracruz offers vast resources and experiences for adventure tourism and we want to share it with the more than 400 delegates and international journalists visiting ATMEX’s first event,” said Leticia Perlasca Núñez, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Cinematography of Veracruz.
The inauguration of ATMEX will take place in Catemaco with Mexico’s Secretary of Tourism, Gloria Guevara, the Governor of the state of Mexico, Javier Duarte de Ochoa, State Secretary of Tourism Leticia Perlasca and Shannon Stowell, President of the Adventure Travel Trade Association. A selection of the ATMEX keynote speakers the following:
- J. Wallace Nichols: Renowned marine biologist and turtle expert and founder of Ocean Revolution, an international network of young ocean advocates
- Gavin Greenwood: Founder of Rio Secreto, a natural tourist reserve that has received over 200,000 visitors in the past four years in Quintana Roo
- Carlos Carsolio: Mountaineer and first Latin American to reach Everest’s summit without oxygen
- Gustavo Timo: Founder of the Brazilian Adventure Travel and Ecotourism Trade Association and board member of ABETA as well as Director of Sextante, Ltda, a consulting company specializing in competitiveness and innovation in adventure travel
- Pati Ruiz Corzo: Founder of Grupo Ecologico Sierra Gorda (GESG) and passionate advocate for establishing a new paradigm in the management of protected natural areas using community participation
- Scott Adams: President of Birchbark Media, a content marketing agency that helps to market and develop adventure travel businesses using social media, SEO, video and more
Trade content will include discussions about key subject impacting operators worldwide, including internet content management, green washing, consumer trends, business management, accessing new market technologies, standards, training and certification.
*Editors: A select group of media will be offered the opportunity to attend both the ATMEX events as well as a pre-event familiarization tour. The FAM tours will take place throughout Mexico and details are forthcoming. In order to qualify for a completely all-expenses paid attendance and FAM as a media representative, please fill out the form, here. Deadline is August 1, 2012.
ATMEX is Mexico’s most important specialized event in ecological and adventure tourism, with the participation of national exhibitors, as well as Mexican and international buyers. It was created to promote Mexico’s offerings for ecological and adventure travel, and present its great potential to an international and exclusive market segment.
For media inquiries and the opportunity to attend ATMEX as media, please contact:
+1 505 603 8643