Leadville, CO (PRWEB) July 05, 2012
WHAT: A weekend-long exploration of the Leadville Trail 100 MTB course. Special attention will be given by the riders to the infamously challenging sections of the course such as, St. Kevin’s, Powerline and the Columbine Climb.
Six-time LT 100 Champion Dave Wiens, two-time LT 100 Champion Bryson Perry and the 2007 Ladies Champion Gretchen Reeves will all be in attendance to ride, dine and socialize with this year’s participants. A question and answer session will also be held for participants to hear tips on proper training, diet, bike set-up and crewing logistics advice.
WHERE: Leadville, Colo. where the Leadville Race Series is held. Nestled in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Leadville is a historic town filled with old mining roads, trails and altitudes at up to more than 13,000 feet. Racers connect with nature as they trek through pine and aspen forests, and run the inclined mountain terrain with summits that disappear into the clouds.
WHEN: July 5-8, 2012
Thursday, July 5
- 12:00 p.m. Early check in opens at race headquarters at 316 Harrison Ave. Leadville
- 3:00 p.m. Pre-event easy spin to loosen the legs for the upcoming training days- approximately 15-20 mile easy ride
- 6:00 p.m. Mandatory rider meeting and check-in
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner, location TBD
Friday, July 6
- 6:15 a.m. Rider meeting and daily sign in at race headquarters
- 6:30 a.m. Approximately 55 mile day—start at Pipeline aid station and back to finish
- 12:00 p.m. Finish ride
- 3:00 p.m. Depart from race headquarters to Turquoise lake for muscle recovery session
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner at Tennessee Pass Cookhouse at Ski Cooper Resort
- 6:30 p.m. Camp of Champions Q & A “Race Secrets, Special Event Prep and Race Day Nutrition”
Saturday, July 7
- 6:15 a.m. Rider meeting and daily sign-in at race headquarters
- 6:30 a.m. Approximately 63 mile day—start at Pipeline aid station to Columbine turn around and back to finish
- 1:00 p.m. Finish ride
- 4:00 p.m. Depart from race headquarters to Turquoise Lake for muscle recovery session
- 6:00 p.m. Hi Mountain Pies, Pizza Dinner with the Pro’s
- 6:30 p.m. “Race Across the Sky” movie night at the Historic Tabor Opera House
Sunday, July 8
- 8:45 a.m. Meet at race headquarter for optional ride
- 9:00 a.m. Ride from race headquarters
- 12:00p.m. Lunch in town, location TBD
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
As The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time Fitness (NYSE:LTM) helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest – or discovering new passions – both inside and outside of Life Time’s distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations, most of which operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Company’s Healthy Way of Life approach enables customers to achieve this by providing the best programs, people and places of uncompromising quality and value. As of July 5, 2012, the Company operated 105 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC(SM) brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information about Life Time centers, programs and services is available at lifetimefitness.com.