Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) July 03, 2012
Tomorrow is the 4th of July; the American holiday filled with fireworks, watermelon, barbecues and gatherings around bodies of water. With the summer warmth, consumers love nothing more than kicking up their feet and getting some sun before diving (or being thrown into) a friend’s pool, lake or ocean. But, with water (and some beer in celebration) comes the smartphone’s worst enemy.
Below are some tips for consumers on keeping their smartphone safe from water damage:
- Consumers should place their phone in a waterproof case or even a sealed baggie.
- It's advised for consumers to keep their smartphones out of their pocket if near a body of water. There's always a chance they could get pushed in by a sneaky friend or relative.
- Consumers should keep their phone indoors if possible, or keep it elevated to avoid any potential water puddles.
- It's recommended that consumers try to keep their smartphone out of the reach of children. It's possible they will think it’s a toy and toss it into the pool or lake.
Despite the affection consumers feel for these magical devices, and the amount of money often spend on them, accidents still happen. Those times where the sheer joy – or terror – of the moment makes it easy to forget about everything else — even that the iPhone actually costs $700 to replace if consumers don’t have insurance.
Why? Because the price of the smartphone is often subsidized by mobile carriers when consumers sign a two-year contract. The smartphone costs much more than most people think, and the carrier won’t give them a new phone at the original price they purchased it for if they happen to break it.
Water damage happens, but consumers don't have to worry; Protect Your Bubble (http://www.ProtectYourBubble.com) offers smartphone insurance which protects covered smartphones against water damage. It’s only $7.99 a month and will protect consumers against loss, theft or damage.
About Protect Your Bubble:
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering convenient and affordable insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, and 24/7 emergency services. In addition, the concierge service provides restaurant reservations, arranges golf tee times, and more.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet – Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet fees for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, there’s only a $100 annual deductible that only needs to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA