Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) July 05, 2012
"Touring open houses is a great way to target in on a home search," says Sibcy Cline Realtors' General Sales Manager, Bob Mahoney. "Most buyers conduct their searches initially online, but by personally seeing homes, they get a much better feel for size, condition as well as location. That's why Sibcy Cline encourages its real estate agents to hold so many weekly open houses. We really want home buyers to personally see our listed homes!"
Mahoney offers these benefits in personally touring an open house:
When attending several open houses in one day, it's best to be organized:
1. Have a game plan. Decide which open houses to tour that day and group them by location. Make note of the open times and plan accordingly.
2. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Home tours will involve walking through rooms and up and down stairs.
3. Take mental note if the home offers some or all of one's "must haves" and "nice to haves" list. For example, does the home have enough closet or storage space? If cooking is important, does the kitchen provide the needed space?
4. Ask questions! It's okay to ask the agent host questions about the home that can help the decision-making process. Are there any offers for the home already? Are there special assessments in the community? Ask for area price comparisons of other listed properties.
5. Be prepared to sign in at the house. Remember, the agent hosting the open house is responsible for that home. If already working with a real estate professional, register that person's name with the showing agent.
6. Take notes! Most homes will have flyers that describe the property. Make furthers notes as a reminder for future reference: home upgrades, storage and closet space or how much sunlight the rooms receive.
7. Look at the home's features, not the decorating. Remember, paint color can be changed and the ugly couch will be moved out. See past any clutter and focus attention on the home's room sizes and layout.
How to find open houses?
Sibcy Cline Realtors averages between 300-400 open houses weekly throughout Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio; Northern Kentucky; and Southeastern Indiana. The company's website has an open house page showcasing all area brokers' open houses to make it easier for potential buyers to see them. Special company-branded signs and balloons are used to promote their open houses on nearby streets.
Sibcy Cline Realtors is a 75-year old company with 1,200 real estate agents who service Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio; Northern Kentucky; and Southeastern Indiana. The company is full service offering assistance with real estate, mortgage, insurance, relocation, title and home services. Bob Mahoney, General Sales Manager, has been with the company for the past 25 years and is responsible for the 22 branch office locations.