Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) July 06, 2012
Summer is a great time to bring home an adorable puppy. But it can often be a time consuming process for consumers to research and choose the best breed that will fit into their lifestyle. To aid consumers in this research, specialty insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble (https://protectyourbubble.com), has put together a list of the dog breeds that are the most prone to medical issues:
1. Bulldogs – congenital heart disease, heart attack, collapsed nostrils, heatstroke, respiratory difficulties, eyelid abnormalities, skin conditions
2. German Shepherds – hip dysplasia, bloat, gastric disorders, penosteitis, spinal paralysis, eye disease, and skin conditions
3. Great Danes – hip dysplasia, bloat, bone cancer, heart disease, tumors
4. Golden Retriever – hip dysplasia, PRA, VWD, serious heart problems, cataracts, skin conditions, eye abnormalities, epilepsy.
5. Bull Terrier – deafness, eye disease
6. Pinscher – demodectic mange, epilepsy, patellar luxation, Legg’s Perthes Disease
7. Poodle – PRA, cataracts, glaucoma, eye and ear infections, digestive problems, skin conditions, heart disease, and epilepsy
8. Schnauzer – cataracts, corneal disorders, kidney stones, bleeding disorders, liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, skin conditions, cysts
9. Pug – eye lacerations, eyeball prolapse, eyelid abnormalities, respiratory difficulties, heatstroke, collapsed nostrils, and heart problems
Dogs, both on and off this list, can have costly accidents, illnesses or injuries as well. The best thing consumers can do when looking to adopt a pet is plenty of research on the breed they’re looking for and to consider pet insurance.
(Sources: Dogpack.com, SmallDogBreedsList.net, Mainstreet.com, Huffington Post, MedicineNet.com)
About Protect Your Bubble:
Protect Your Bubble (https://protectyourbubble.com) is a specialty insurance brand, offering convenient and affordable insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, and 24/7 emergency services. In addition, the concierge service provides restaurant reservations, arranges golf tee times, and more.
Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Pet – Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet fees for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, there’s only a $100 annual deductible that only needs to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA