(PRWEB UK) 6 July 2012
Norland, the leading provider of building services and facilities management, has created and launched a new service which guarantees to lower carbon emissions and energy consumption without the need for capital outlay or other up-front costs.
‘Norland GREEN’ or Guaranteed Reduction in Emission and ENergy has been developed to meet the challenges of ever-increasing energy costs and growing UK and European legislation. The service is ideal for clients that want guaranteed energy efficiency savings without the upfront capital expenditure normally associated with investing in their buildings. Each Norland GREEN project is performance-managed to guarantee reductions in energy spend and carbon emissions. Clients do not have to bear any of the risk for the performance of the contract. The model is based around a gain-share structure so that clients are able to benefit financially throughout the length of the contract term. Clients benefit financially even after the contract ends, as they become the sole recipient of all savings.
Gary Perry, Norland’s Director of Sustainability and Projects said: “Building efficiency improvements are now possible without any up-front cost to the client. Clients get a performance guarantee and the client has no risk whatsoever. There is no catch.
“Norland GREEN is probably unique in the industry, and is the way energy efficiency financing will be done in the future. As we are confident of our expertise and the energy savings we can achieve, we are happy to guarantee the saving to our client within a fully-funded solution.”
Norland GREEN can assist organisations to:
- Permanently cut energy demand and costs
- Source clean and on-site energy alternatives
- Measure and benchmark a building’s carbon footprint
- Renew asset infrastructure by developing energy-efficient solutions
- Identify and meet legislative obligations
- Educate staff in energy-awareness
- Achieve corporate social responsibility goals
Norland applies the latest technologies to help organisations reduce energy consumption within an acceptable payback period. Clients are able to use, not just the unused CAPEX but the ensuing reduction in energy spend, elsewhere in their organisations. With savings also coming from a reduction in CO2 emissions this provides for significant overall benefits.
Norland’s client training in building performance and its efforts in assisting clients to reduce energy spend and carbon emissions have been recognised. Norland was awarded the 2012 CIBSE Award for “Training for Building Performance”, and the 2011 Green Apple Award for “Property Management - Energy Reduction”. The firm’s Norland GREEN product is also shortlisted for this year’s British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) award under the “Innovation in Products” category.
About Norland Managed Services
- Norland Managed Services is one of the UK’s fastest growing providers of facilities management and support services with revenues in excess of £300 million
- The company operates from a strategic network of regional offices throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the US
- A dedicated team of highly trained and experienced staff maintain and enhance the capital assets of major national and global businesses. These range from single floors in multi-occupied buildings to substantial property estates and large stadia
- Since its formation in 1984, Norland has achieved consistent annual growth, its success being built on high levels of customer service and a major focus on people and technical skills
- Norland’s customers include Scottish Power, 3i, Everything Everywhere and “The O2”
- Norland is a 2012 CIBSE Award winner for “Training for Building Performance”, and a 2011 Green Apple Award winner for “Property Management - Energy Reduction”
- Norland is ranked 141st on the Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 250 league table, which ranks Britain’s leading mid-market private companies with the biggest sales - leaping 48 places from 189th place last year.
- For more information about Norland, please visit http://www.norlandmanagedservices.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Group Marketing Manager,
+44 (0)207 871 9306