(PRWEB) July 09, 2012
Wild Apricot, a leader in membership software for small associations and non-profits, has published a free guide to help start or refresh the member renewal process - How to Manage Membership Renewal.
Dmitry Buterin, Chief Apricot, noted that "when we looked at the results of our recent Membership Renewal Survey, we felt there was a lot of information that was worth sharing in a practical format."
Findings from the survey* included:
– 64% of respondents renew all members on the same date annually vs. using "rolling" renewal dates
– 82% offer some form of renewal "self-service", usually through their website
– 18% offered incentives to encourage prompt renewal
"Small organizations often don't have the opportunity to learn from what their peers are doing -- they don't have the resources to attend conferences or training sessions. We felt sharing this kind of information might help kick-start their membership renewal process, so we created a basic “how-to” resource to guide," said Buterin.
To illustrate how other membership organizations are managing their renewal process, the guide offers a snapshot of current practices, gained through the Membership Renewal Survey findings as well as other online research.
The guide offers ideas and tips on how to:
– Start the renewal process
– Determine the number of renewals
– Choose the most effective communications method(s)
– Follow-up and acknowledge renewals
In addition, the guide provides information on strategies, tactics on topics such as:
– Incentives and discounts
– Grace Periods
– Automated renewal processes
– Thinking in Terms of Ongoing Engagement & Retention
This “how-to” guide is the latest addition to Wild Apricot’s Membership Knowledge Hub, which offers a range of resources to support the staff and volunteers of small membership organizations in their roles and with their day-to-day challenges.
*Wild Apricot created an infographic illustrating the highlights of the Membership Renewal Survey.
About Wild Apricot:
Wild Apricot is web-based software for small associations and non-profits to help manage membership, website, events and other activities.
Noisy Apricot (VP of Marketing)
(416) 410-4059 ext. 302