the team at SEO Positive have issued action to be taken using social media for brand protection purposes
(PRWEB UK) 7 July 2012
In response to how more and more companies turn to reputation management to restore their name, the team at SEO Positive have issued action to be taken using social media for brand protection purposes. Ben Austin, Managing Director at SEO Positive explains the importance this avenue can have on the overall perception of a company.
“Careful social media monitoring can have enormous benefits for brand management so it’s important to make sure you are following the right practices in order to build a good name for yourself as well as in ensuring that you aren’t inadvertently damaging your reputation. Here are a few ways you can effectively meet these objectives” claims Ben.
- Constantly monitor all social media profiles. As the use of social networks grows alongside the amount of time spent on these sites, naturally the level of abuse and damaging content placed on these has risen in line with this. It is crucial to always take the time to check these sites regularly and respond or remove comments which could have a detrimental effect to how a company appears to its users.
- This leads on to the benefits of limiting numbers of social profiles. Many firms make the mistake of assuming it is better to have a large number of basic profiles rather than a careful selection of active profiles. Choosing a small number of the most effective outlets and participating heavily on these is more likely to see a site rank highly as well as improving the firm’s image, making this a good course of action for both SEO and brand management.
- As well as monitoring negative comments it is also important to keep a check on brand impersonation. An increasingly common problem, it is vital to check regularly for infringing content and take action immediately.
- The team at SEO Positive are quick to reiterate the importance of maintaining quality, legitimate SEO techniques across social media platforms. They would suggest refraining from practices such as keyword stuffing and the use of unnatural looking links and ensuring well written content is in place.
- For those who don’t have the time or experience to carry out social media monitoring for SEO and reputation management purposes effectively, it is well worth leaving this task in the capable hands of a trusted online marketing company.
SEO Positive was established in 2007 in Chelmsford, Essex with the aim of bringing effective yet affordable online marketing services to companies from all industries and backgrounds. The company offers a huge range of services including search engine optimisation, Pay Per Click account management, social media marketing and website design.