Newport, RI (PRWEB) July 10, 2012
The Newport Restoration Foundation is hosting the 2nd annual Doris Duke Surf Fest, as part of its Rough Point After Dark series. See some 200 surfboards, including 1930s classics, the latest designs and Doris Duke’s own 1960 Velzy board. Shapers will demo their craft and classic footage of Newport surfers will be on view. Enjoy the ocean view, bar, music and food at New England’s only vintage surfboard show, curated by surfing legend Sid Abruzzi from Newport’s own Water Brothers.
- Enter the raffles for a custom board (donated by Houlihan, Managhan, Morrissey & Kyle) and surf gear provided by Water Brothers
- Listen to steel drum music provided by Aaron Cote
- Learn about local beach access and clean water at the Clean Ocean Access tent
- Enjoy spirits created by the Cocktail Guru for Bacardi USA and Narragansett beer at the cash bar
- Savor great local food for purchase at the Tallulah’s Tacos and Flat Waves carts
- Visit the exhibit, Passport to the World: Doris Duke the International Traveler, in the Rough Point Galleries
The program will take place Friday, July 13 and Saturday, July 14 from 4:00 – 7:00pm at Rough Point, 680 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, Rhode Island. Rain date: Sunday, July 15, 4:00-7:00pm.
Advance ticket purchase strongly encouraged. Cost of tickets is $10 (children under 12 are free) and can be purchased at Water Brothers (23 Memorial Blvd., Newport), Flat Waves (1130 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown), Rough Point or online at http://www.newportrestoration.org/calendar/details/26138-rough_point_after