Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) July 10, 2012
Having recently reviewed a list of the top 10 antique jewelry trends, antique jewelry boutique Topazery Jewelry took time out to recognize those trends’ impact on collectors. In the process, the company assessed its own inventory of antique and vintage engagement rings, wedding bands, necklaces, brooches and earrings to ensure it is carrying all the in-demand styles.
When earlier this year Antique Trader gave a rundown of the antique jewelry trends that are hot and coming for 2012, antique jewelry boutique Topazery took a long look at its own inventory. The company then began putting special focus on those specific antique jewelry categories. As a result, visitors to Topazery.com will now find the following top 10 trends prominently featured among the pieces available for sale.
1. Collectible antique jewelry pieces – According to an ACE Private Risk Services Survey on Passionate Investing by Wealthy Households, jewelry is the consumer category most often collected by wealthy individuals. In fact, over 95% of high-income collectors enjoy owning at least a few pieces of fine jewelry.
2. Antique jewelry with sapphires, diamonds or rubies – Such pieces were second only to watches in terms of sales at last year’s auction houses.
3. Large carat weights and unique stone cuttings – “A cushion sapphire” weighing approximately 6.0 carats sold for a price that was almost triple its estimate. Similarly, a vintage round and baguette twin diamond platinum ring, “approximate weight 1.65 carats,” went for 175% more than its low estimate.
4. Fancy colored diamonds– The two top-selling antique jewelry auction lots at Heritage Auctions in 2011 included rings with colored diamonds, once with a “fancy light brownish-pink diamond” and the other with a “fancy intense yellow diamond.”
5. Marquise shaped diamonds – The 2011 number one and number three auction lots at Heritage Auctions both featured diamonds in this coveted shape.
Rounding out the Top 10 antique jewelry trends were:
6. Diamonds mixed with platinum
7. Art Nouveau antique pieces featuring diamonds, emeralds and/ or rubies
8. Jewelry pieces featuring two or more different colored gemstones
9. Matching antique jewelry suites
10. Anything antique and unusual in good condition
For more information on how to ensure antique jewelry invested in today hits the trends collectors will be searching for now and in years to come, contact Jan Walden at (678) 528-8901. To browse Topazery Jewelry’s trendy antique and antique style jewelry pieces, visit the company online at http://www.topazery.com