San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 10, 2012
GigaOM, a global technology media company, today announced the initial speaker lineup for GigaOM Mobilize 2012, the industry’s leading mobile conference set to take place September 20-21, 2012 in San Francisco. Now in its fifth year, Mobilize is the must-attend event for executives, entrepreneurs and investors who want to understand emerging mobile technologies and the business opportunities they will present in the next 18 to 24 months.
“The fifth-annual Mobilize is set to be the most engaging, thought-provoking one yet, with mobile industry thinkers mingling with journalists and entrepreneurs for two days of interactive debates,” said Kevin Fitchard, senior writer at GigaOM and Mobilize chair. “During keynote presentations, roundtables and fireside chats moderated by GigaOM journalists, we’ll explore the opportunities and challenges of a mobile-first world, and discuss how always-on connected devices will change the way we work, play and live.”
Mobile innovators and business leaders are lining up to speak at Mobilize, with more speakers joining weekly. Some of the headliners already confirmed to speak at Mobilize include:
- Nick Earl, SVP Global Mobile and Social Studios at Electronic Arts
- John Ellis, Chief Technologist, Connected Services and Solutions at Ford Motor Company
- Vlad Sejnoha, CTO of Nuance
- Jason Jacobs, CEO and Co-Founder of FitnessKeeper
- Michelle Munson, President, CEO and Co-Founder of Aspera
- Spencer Rascoff, CEO of Zillow
- Stephen Bye, CTO of Sprint
- Vineet Madan, SVP, New Ventures and Strategic Services at McGraw-Hill Education
- Rick McConnell, EVP of Products and Development at Akamai
- Marc Parrish, VP Retention and Loyalty Marketing at Barnes & Noble.com
- Neville Ray, CTO of T-Mobile
- Gibu Thomas, SVP of Mobile and Digital at Walmart
- Niels Jonker, CTO of Boingo
- Neville Ray, CTO of T-Mobile USA
- Mehdi Maghsoodnia, CEO, Rafter previously BookRenter
- Halle Tecco, Founder and CEO of Rock Health
- Stephen Rayment, CTO of Wi-Fi Products at Ericsson
- Ann Shaub, Director of Product Management at Verizon
- John Burke, SVP and GM, Converged Experiences at Motorola Mobility
Mobilize is the only mobile conference that invites open debate between industry big-wigs, startup CEOs, investors and business executives – all coming together to explore a future where everything is mobile. More than 100 journalists are expected to attend, and GigaOM Pro analysts will be on hand to present insights into key trends shaping the industry.
Mobile doesn’t just belong to carriers anymore; it is dominated by web and application developers and is quickly moving beyond the consumer pocket. Sold out for the previous four years, Mobilize will explore the technical and business opportunities spurred by the proliferation of connected devices, apps and the way they shape daily life in a mobile-first world. Some of the key themes to be discussed include:
- Apponomics: Understand acquisition patterns, in-app user behavior, monetization and distribution trends, where new revenue opportunities lie and what makes an app a hit.
- Content is King: Explore how mobile operators, brands, developers and media companies are creating a tidal wave of content for the mobile web.
- Cloud-Based Healthcare: Discuss why mHealth has taken so long to catch on, and opportunities for growth.
- Personalized Educational Content: Delve into a future where students learn on their own and on the go.
- Connected Consumers: Debate how mobile devices and platforms will change how consumers work, play and communicate.
- Future Mobile Networks: Debate how the mobile network is evolving to become low latency and content centric to meet capacity demand.
Apply to LaunchPad
Mobilize 2012 will once again feature a LaunchPad competition to recognize the most innovative startups or product launches in the mobile industry. Startups less than 12 months old in the areas of mobile web, mobile technology, mobile infrastructure and mobile apps are encouraged to apply. Ten finalists will be chosen to present on stage in front of a panel of VCs, angel investors, journalists and other conference attendees, with two companies taking home top honors. Unlike other conferences GigaOM does not charge a fee to its Launchpad finalists. The closing date for entries is August 13, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. All information submitted will be kept confidential, unless a company is selected for the Mobilize 2012 LaunchPad. Finalists will be announced on August 22, 2012.
Some of the world’s most influential companies have already lined up to sponsor Mobilize 2012, and sponsorships are expected to sell out early. Headline sponsor RIM will be joined by primetime sponsors including, eTrade, Webtrends, Akamai, Microsoft and InterDigital as well as showtime sponsors SOASTA, Sequoia Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, and Orange. Leading companies that want to gain visibility among the movers-and-shakers of the mobile industry should contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or 415-235-0358 to learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
Mobilize has sold out for the last four years and is expected to sell out again this year. Anyone interested in debating the future of a mobile-first world should register soon to secure tickets. Discounted earlybird tickets are available through July 21, 2012.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network's online audience of 5.5 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry. GigaOM Pro offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors.