Keep a spending diary and by the end of one week, you'll see where you could make cut backs!
(PRWEB UK) 11 July 2012
Award-winning Debt Advisory Line is bringing some summer cheer to the nation with some tips to keep your bank balance out of the red this summer. Whether you’re staying in UK or planning on a last minute venture abroad, these tips will ensure a sizzling summer, without a financial freeze.
Staying in the UK?
- If you really want to keep a grip on spending, keep a diary of when, where and how much you have spent – it’s much easier to keep on top of your finances when you’re in control of them. Plus by the end of one week, you’ll see where you could make cut backs!
- Forget nights out – it’s all about nights in this summer – invite friends and family, get the barbeque fired up and enjoy! Ask people to bring along a salad or dessert so you’re not burdened with the cost of a full meal.
- With the glorious (hopefully) summer weather, there has never been a better time to ditch the wheels and walk to work – not only will it save money, you will also keep fit and top up your tan!
- Day trips don’t have to cost the earth – a trip to the seaside with a picnic costs next to nothing and will keep the kids entertained all day.
- Where possible, plan day trips in advance to get the best deals on travel tickets.
- Make the most of the great outdoors – spend the day in the park or play a game of tennis - you won’t even need to take your purse!
- If you can afford a holiday, look out for special offers and last minute breaks. Booking your own ‘package’ holiday online can also save you money. Just look out for hidden fees on flights.
- Use comparison sites to check you are getting the best offers – and remember – early morning and late night flights are the cheapest so it’s worth seeking them out.
- Avoid paying card fees when making bookings by using a pre-paid card – simply load it up and use like a normal debit card.
- Be careful when exchanging money – look out for the best conversion rates or consider a pre-paid card in your chosen currency, which can work out cheaper and help you stick to a budget. After all, there’s nothing worse than your holiday debts lasting longer than your tan!
- Check to see if your bank account includes travel insurance – many current accounts come with added bonuses like phone and travel insurance – check before you shell out unnecessarily.