We’ve seen a marked trend within the transportation industry this year where larger companies are being much more proactive in adding lanes and increasing their service area to better serve their clientele
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) July 11, 2012
For individual transportation companies looking to be part of a larger organization or simply sell their company, 2012 is your year according to Ahern and Associates, Ltd., the nation’s leading trucking and logistics acquisition firm. Ahern’s CEO, Andy Ahern has long documented 2012 as a year in which consolidation within the transportation industry is king, as evidenced by their record number of acquisitions performed to date. “We’ve seen a marked trend within the transportation industry this year where larger companies are being much more proactive in adding lanes and increasing their service area to better serve their clientele.” Ahern goes on, “In addition, smaller companies who have made it through the recession and are now healthy, are seeking buy outs from larger trucking or logistics companies.”
Ahern and Associates announces ten open acquisition needs from clients ranging from well known public companies to regional carriers, logistics agents, private equity firms and everywhere in between. Ahern’s current client base is seeking opportunities for expansion into every corner of the country whether you’re a regional carrier, freight broker, asset or non-asset based, intermodal or independent contractor company.
The following open acquisition needs are to be filled immediately and can close in as little as 60 days:
Client is a well-established third party provider and freight broker looking to acquire refrigerated van flatbed or intermodal freight brokers who generates between $20MM to $100MM of annual revenue. Management must be willing to stay for at least 3-5yrs post acquisition. Additional earn out provisions are available.
Well known transportation provider looking to acquire trucking companies that have at least 50% of their business in three to five year dedicated freight contracts which pay all miles. Target companies would generate $10MM - $50MM in annual revenue.
Client is a flatbed carrier looking to expand its operations nationally.
- Ideal revenue $5MM- $50MM
- Predominately owner/operator
- Marginally profitable acceptable
- Ideal locations include the Southeast and Southwest part of the country.
Well known company looking for non-asset based trucking companies and third party logistics providers.
- Ideal revenue size for trucking is $20MM- $100MM annual revenue.
- Flatbed refer, van and intermodal acceptable.
- Must be profitable and management must be willing to stay going forward.
Client also looking for small 3PL providers which are not freight brokers that have opportunity for growth with the proper working capital.
A well known West Coast company looking to acquire companies in California that are primarily non-asset based in the following sectors:
- Intermodal drayage
- LTL Carrier
- Van Carriers
- Freight brokers
Client six is a California flatbed carrier specializing in over dimensional and heavy haul and is looking to expand its operating footprint into eleven western states. Potential acquisition must generate at least $15MM of annual revenue and at least $1MM in EBITDA. Must have good management team and opportunity for growth – California, Texas are two strategic markets.
Ahern’s next client is a small family owned freight broker looking to expand in the northeast and Miami Florida. Client would like to acquire a freight broker which generates $3MM to $5MM of annual revenue in van and flatbed. Business must be profitable.
Well known private equity firm looking to acquire two specialized target companies.
1. 3rd party logistics provider that generates in excess of $100MM of annual revenue and is profitable.
- Company must have a talented management team.
- Management must be willing to stay going forward and must generate a minimum EBITDA of $4MM
2. Air freight forwarder
- At least 50% of business should be international.
- Prefer concentration in Asia and China.
- Must generate minimum of $5MM of EBITDA
- Must have strong management team willing to stay.
Client 9 is looking for agents, but their program is very unique.
- They’re part of a publicly owned corporation and are willing take over the entire back office as well as buy trailers and lease them back or buy trailers and put them into your system.
- They have an asset truck following in their overall company “foot print”.
- The company charges approximately 5% of the line haul revenue, plus insurance for cargo legal liability and bodily injury property damage.
- They offer quick pay and fuel discounts and may consider financing tractors.
- The client does the billing, collecting and credit checks as well as the receivable financing and the safety and DOT.
The target company must generate at least $10MM in annual revenue.
Client 10 is a well known company that is non-asset based and looking to acquire independent contractor businesses.
- Minimum revenue $50MM
- Must be profitable with diverse customer base.
- Within van, flatbed or refer sectors
- Must have satisfactory CSA no conditional companies.
These are clients that have signed contracts with Ahern and are currently looking for opportunities. In some instances, Ahern has sold them companies in the past, and they’re looking to acquire additional companies. In other cases, the acquisition searches are new.
If your company is a match to any of these needs, or you know of a company that is a potential match, you are urged to contact Andy Ahern at 602-242-1030 immediately.
About Ahern & Associates, Ltd.:
Ahern and Associates is North America’s leading trucking and transportation management consulting firm. The skilled consultants at Ahern and Associates specialize in mergers and acquisitions of trucking and logistics companies as well as the restructuring and evaluation of existing carriers that seek to increase operating efficiency and improve profitability. Since 1987, Ahern and Associates has aided hundreds of buyers in the acquisition of trucking and logistics companies throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as assisting many transportation and logistics companies in reducing their overall operating costs and increasing their profitability. For more information, please call 602-242-1030 or visit http://www.Ahern-Ltd.com
Jason W. Jantzen
Phoenix Marketing Associates