In the coming year we plan to add even more exclusive content to our course, and this Board of Advisors will help us as we continue to add new principles and update and innovate the Health Coach Training Program.”
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 13, 2012
The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), the world’s largest nutrition school, is proud to announce that it has created a new Board of Advisors who will help shape the strategy, vision, and long-term direction of the school’s flagship course, the Health Coach Training Program.
The board consists of 15 physicians, researchers, and leading authorities whose specialties span the fields of nutrition, health, and functional medicine.
“We are thrilled to introduce this diverse group of experts and experienced educators,” said Integrative Nutrition President Uri Feiner. “Their knowledge extends across the health and wellness spectrum, and with their advice and expert opinion, Integrative Nutrition will continue to offer the most cutting-edge nutrition education possible.”
The members of Integrative Nutrition’s new Board of Advisors are:
- Andrew Weil, MD, Director of Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona
- Walter Willet, MD, Chairman of Nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, author of Eat for Health: Lose Weight, Keep it Off
- David Katz, MD, Director of Yale Prevention Research Center
- Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., Co-founder of the Institute for Imago Relationship Therapy
- Lynn Goldstein, MS, RD, CDN, nutrition educator at the Jay Monahan Center
- Bernie Siegel, MD, bestselling author and expert in healing and patient empowerment
- Sally Fallon Morell, Founding President of the Weston A. Price foundation
- John Douillard, DC, international teacher of Ayurvedic medicine
- Stephan Rechtschaffen, MD, Senior Advisor on Omega’s board of directors
- David Wolfe, authority on superfoods and raw foods nutrition
- Collette Heimowitz, MS, Vice President of Education and Research for Atkins Health
- Howard Lyman, author of Mad Cowboy: Plain Truth from the Cattle Rancher Who Won’t Eat Meat
- Paul Pitchford, MS, author of Healing with Whole Foods
- Barry Sears, Ph.D., founder of The Zone Diet
Board members will be instrumental in molding the future of Integrative Nutrition’s curriculum. Renowned for its holistic approach to wellness, Integrative Nutrition teaches that there’s no one-size-fits-all diet, and encourages students to explore relationships, exercise, career, and spirituality as core components of good health.
“We already teach concepts like primary food and bio-individuality that are unique to Integrative Nutrition and set our curriculum apart from other nutrition programs,” said Integrative Nutrition Founder, Director, and Primary Teacher Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd. “In the coming year we plan to add even more exclusive content to our course, and this Board of Advisors will help us as we continue to add new principles and update and innovate the Health Coach Training Program.”
About The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN)
Founded by Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, in 1992, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition has grown from a small classroom of passionate individuals to a global community of over 25,000 students and graduates in 96 countries worldwide. Its flagship course, the IIN Health Coach Training Program, teaches students to become successful Health Coaches who can effect positive, long-lasting change. The school’s unique curriculum teaches a wide variety of skills in health coaching, nutrition education, business management, and healthy lifestyle choices. Visit http://www.integrativenutrition.com for more information.