Chicago, IL (PRWEB) July 16, 2012
Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle, LLC (MPS Law), a law firm with offices in Schaumburg and the Chicago Loop, recently hired seven new attorneys for its thriving business law practice, increasing its legal team by more than 30%.
“In recent years, we’ve made strategic moves to offset the economic downturn and position ourselves to adjust quickly to the changing needs of our clients,” said Managing Partner Brian Meltzer. “These seven new attorneys will enable us to better serve our clients by giving us added strength and experience in the core areas of our practice.”
“We are also benefiting from a trend among both lawyers and clients to seek out smaller, high quality firms,” Meltzer said. “And while we’ve grown our legal team by a third, we are still a firm of fewer than 30 lawyers, so we’ll continue to provide the personal attention and responsive service our clients have come to expect from MPS Law.”
About the new attorneys:
- Cynthia Garcia joins the firm as a partner in the tax and estate planning practice, where she will focus on estate planning, wealth preservation, trust administration, probate and business law. She was formerly a partner at Querry & Harrow. Fluent in Spanish, Garcia is an active member of the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois. She received her J.D. from Loyola University School of Law and a B.A. from DePaul University.
- Steven H. Goodman joins the firm as a partner in the real estate development and transactions practice, where he will focus on residential real estate development. He was formerly vice president and general counsel of the Chicago division of D.R. Horton, Inc., a major national homebuilder. Goodman earned his J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law and a B.B.A. from the University of Michigan.
- Jordan Litwin joins the firm as a partner in the bankruptcy and restructuring law practice. He was formerly an associate with Neal Wolf & Associates and Skadden, Arps, and was named a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine in 2010. He received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law and a B.A. from the University of Michigan.
- Jason Metnick joins the firm as a partner in the litigation and dispute resolution practice. He was formerly a partner and practice vice chair at Masuda, Funai, Eiffert & Mitchell. He has specialized industry experience in manufacturing, real estate, automotive and logistics, and has earned a record of favorable results and settlements in a high percentage of cases in Illinois state and federal courts. Metnick received his J.D from DePaul University College of Law, a B.A. from the University of Michigan and a Graduate Certificate in Finance/Financial Decision-making from the University of Chicago.
- Laura Pieper joins the firm as a partner in the corporate and business law practice, where she will concentrate in the areas of corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, and banking and secured lending. She was formerly an associate at Freeborn & Peters and Skadden, Arps. Pieper received her J.D. from DePaul University College of Law, where she was a member of the DePaul Law Review, and a B.S. from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana.
- Jason Pyrz joins the firm as an associate in the litigation and dispute resolution practice. He was formerly an associate at Polsinelli Shughart. He specializes in representing lenders in workouts and foreclosures and has been admitted to practice in multiple jurisdictions in Illinois, California and the federal courts. Pyrz received his J.D. from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, and earned a B.A. from Loyola University Chicago.
- Sam Schumer joins the firm as an associate in the litigation and dispute resolution practice. He comes to the firm from Masuda, Funai, Eiffert & Mitchell, where he was also an associate in business litigation. He has represented a variety of clients in state and federal courts and ADR forums. Schumer received his J.D. from John Marshall Law School and a B.A. from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Full biographies can be found at http://www.mpslaw.com/attorneys.
MPS Law is a business law firm that primarily serves mid-sized manufacturers, commercial and residential real estate developers, community banks and entrepreneurial enterprises. The firm provides services in the area of acquisitions, employment, financing, tax, real estate and litigation. MPS Law has offices in Schaumburg and Chicago’s Loop.