By installing a solar attic fan from U.S. Sunlight Corp, the attic air will run closer to ambient temperatures allowing the air conditioner to be more effective.
Incline Village, Nevada (PRWEB) July 13, 2012
With critical peak pricing enforced in many regions of the country and higher than usual summer temperatures, many homeowners are looking for ways to cool their home without relying entirely on their air conditioner. Up to 43% of air conditioning design loads can be predicated on high attic temperatures. Air conditioning ducting is usually located in the attic space, making it even more important to keep the attic closer to ambient temperatures. By installing a solar attic fan from U.S. Sunlight Corp, the attic air will run closer to ambient temperatures allowing the air conditioner to be more effective. Additionally, U.S. Sunlight offers a Solar Controller® that allows the homeowner to monitor their attic temperature and humidity as well as offers an option to power any U.S. Sunlight solar ventilation product into the evening using minimal house power. Utilizing this house power option allows homeowners to continue cooling their attic space into the evening hours, relieving the air conditioning load all day AND evening.
In addition to installing a solar attic fan, consider some of these options to also help cool the home without turning up the air conditioner:
- Install a programmable thermostat – set to 78˚F when at home and 85˚F when the home is vacant.
- Locate the air conditioning condenser in a shady spot that has room to dispose of the heated air it removes from the house.
- Plant shade trees and shrubs around the house to reduce the heat of the sun, especially on the west and south sides.
- Close drapes on the sunny side of the house.
- Install awnings on the windows on the sunny side of the house.
- Install energy efficient ceiling fans and run them only when the room is inhabited. This will make the room feel cooler while the thermostat can be higher.
For adjacent structures to the home, use the All Purpose Ventilator from U.S. Sunlight to actively ventilate garages, sheds and workshops. Remember to utilize additional options to cool off in the summer without over-using the air conditioner!