...distills the key concepts of this complicated field in a style that is easily understood by patients.
– James Trotter, M.D., Medical Director of Liver Transplant at Baylor University Medical Center
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 18, 2012
In a breakthrough publication, leading hepatologist and hepatitis C expert Gregory Everson, M.D. provides state-of-the-science information to guide patients through the diagnosis and treatment of hepatitis C. Until recently, hepatitis C was considered incurable. "Curing Hepatitis C" outlines the new treatment protocols that offer the outcome of complete cure from this disease.
"Curing Hepatitis C' provides an indispensable and comprehensive overview of for the nearly 160 million people worldwide and 4 million Americans diagnosed with hepatitis C. Perhaps most importantly, "Curing Hepatitis C" provides hope.
'Curing Hepatitis C" also includes:
- Easy-to-understand explanations of the nature of hepatitis C
- The revealing truth of misconceptions about hepatitis C
- Tips to prevent, diagnose, cope with, and ultimately cure this disease
- An overview of types of tests and how to understand the results
- Breakthrough treatments and medications for hepatitis C, such as triple therapy
- The next generation of treatments including interferon-free regimens, QUAD therapy, host-acting antivirals, and more
- Personal anecdotes from those affected by hepatitis C
Medical and technological innovations have made a cure possible. A new frontier of treatment options has improved upon previous methods by curbing side-effects more effectively and working to eradicate hepatitis C entirely. "Curing Hepatitis C" documents the new horizon clearly, accurately, and with expert authority.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Gregory T. Everson, M.D., F.A.C.P., one of the country's leading hepatologists, is a Professor of Medicine and Director of Hepatology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Dr. Everson is a distinguished Fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American Gastroenterology Association.
Curing Hepatitis C: Current and Future Options for Treatment
Gregory T. Everson, M.D., F.A.C.P.
978-1-57826-425-4, $9.95 paperback
978-1-57826-440-7, $9.99 eBook
New from Hatherleigh Press. Distributed through Random House. Available wherever books are sold. In stores 8/21/2012.
MEDIA: For review copies and interviews contact via email publicity(at)hatherleighpress(dot)com or call 1-347-627-0083.