Atlanta, Ga. (PRWEB) July 19, 2012
It seems like these days, there’s a “holiday” for everything… National Hot Dog Day, National Compliment the Mirror Day, etc. But one of these holidays is especially relevant: July is National Cell Phone Courtesy Month. And to celebrate, cell phone insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble (http://us.protectyourbubble.com/), has compiled a list of five tips to keep consumers up-to-date on their cell phone etiquette.
1. Loud Talkers: This social infraction seems quite common when people are talking on their cell phone. Cranking up the volume of one’s voice can be irritating to those others. Consumers should practice volume control and keep it down while in the store, at one’s desk at work, or on public transportation.
2. The “PermaTexter”: Most people have engaged in a conversation with someone while the other person was texting with someone else. That’s just plain rude, but it happens all the time. Protect Your Bubble realizes that these days, smart phones are consumer’s connection to family, friends and work, but people need to know where to draw the line. Unless it’s a true emergency, that text can wait. Consumers should embrace the fading art of face-to-face communication. And, NEVER TEXT AND DRIVE!
3. Cell Phone Separation Anxiety: Most people have done this: They left their house, headed down the road and suddenly realized…they left their phone at home! Panic immediately ensues. Consumers should remember: “Stay calm. Compose yourself. Take a deep breath. Go about your business and fetch your phone when time permits.”
4. Just Say No: Believe it or not, there are life situations in which one should not be on the phone. It’s important for the public to know when to hang up and when to not answer the cell phone. Here are a few examples: doctor’s office, during a meeting, at the checkout counter, in the bathroom, on the treadmill, in the middle of dinner, and in the movie theater.
5. Bluetooth Bloopers: If consumers must carry on a discussion via Bluetooth headset, it’s important that they try to be courteous to those around them. It’s acceptable to make eye contact and point to their headset to ensure that those around them don’t mistakenly think the comments are directed at others.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble (http://us.protectyourbubble.com/) is a specialty insurance brand, offering convenient and affordable insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet – Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. Protect Your Bubble pet insurance holders can go to any licensed vet in the country.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit
http://us.protectyourbubble.com/ for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA