With tropical storm and hurricane season in full swing, it is essential that Florida residents are not only prepared for the worst case scenario, but have purchased the proper protection, too.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida (PRWEB) July 18, 2012
Florida-based insurance agency, St. Johns Insurance Agency, provides summer storm tips to local Florida residents. With tropical storm and hurricane season in full swing, it is essential that Florida residents are not only prepared for the worst case scenario, but have purchased the proper protection, too.
With Florida being the number one state that is affected by tropical and subtropical cyclones, it is crucial for residents to prepare as best as possible. Recently, Florida residents have been dealing with Tropical Storm Debby. What will be next?
Here are just a few tips to consider this hurricane season:
- Prepare a survival kit and keep it on hand.
- Make sure Florida home insurance and windstorm insurance is up to date and ready to the worst case scenario.
- Those expecting a storm should close shutters and board up windows.
- Stock up on batteries, flashlights, portable radios, canned food, etc.
- Make sure all shingles on the house are nailed down and secure.
- Keep trees and bushes around home trimmed to avoid falling branches.
- Clean up lawn, yard and patio. Store all items away in a shed, garage or basement.
- If possible, store car in garage during a storm or away from trees.
Most importantly, Florida residents should always have an evacuation route planned. All family members should be aware of this plan in order to keep safe during even the worst storms. St. Johns Insurance Agency is a firm believer that family comes first, especially when it comes to safety! Next on the list of importance is coverage. While home insurance is crucial, it may be a good idea to take coverage a step further by looking into a windstorm insurance policy.
Unlike a typical home insurance policy, windstorm insurance is designed to protect against wind-generated damages and can protect several different types of property. The bottom line: Niche coverage will provide stellar protection to ensure that Floridians do not feel the financial devastation of a storm this season. Stay safe!
About St. Johns Insurance Agency:
St. Johns Insurance Agency is an independent Florida insurance agency dedicated to providing top rate personal insurance coverage all over the Sunshine State. As an independent insurance brokerage, St. Johns Insurance Agency has access to many insurance carriers, allowing the coverage provider to offer the best rates throughout Ponte Vedra Beach, Orlando, Jacksonville and beyond!