London (PRWEB UK) 23 July 2012
The London 2012 Olympics are only days away and Mayor Boris Johnson has admitted that “things will go wrong” with transport. With hundreds of thousands of people expected in the English capital and congestion and disruption anticipated, how can the crowds be beaten?
Smartphone technology may hold the answer. A new app helps travellers find destinations quickly and easily by simply following the compass needle[a] to get to destinations.
The Follow the Needle (FTN) app, by digital innovators 3 Sheep Ltd is available in Apple’s iTunes App store [http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ftn/id534204127?] as a free download. Users can get additional packs of location information such as London sports venues for a small fee (69p). Also, users can create their own lists of landmarks to keep and share via Social Media. There are also free packs such as the top 10 London attractions to download.
The information packs are ideal for overseas visitors to the UK as they require very little in the way of 3G connectivity once downloaded. So, users can still find their way and avoid high data roaming charges.
FTN harnesses the GPS technology in Apple iPhones to ‘remember’ locations. Key feature of this exciting new app include:
1. ‘Follow the Needle’ of the compass to navigate to chosen locations.
2. Users can store and share their current location via Social Media.
3. Images, audio and text can be added to flagged locations to help identify them later.
4. Share locations via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
5. Store multiple personal locations (requires a small in-app purchase of 69p).
6. Free top 10 London attractions pack.
7. Download additional ‘packs’ of useful locations (requires an in-app purchase of only 69p per pack).
FTN navigation app for the iPhone has many practical uses:
1. Discover landmarks in a big city.
1. Store and share locations at a big events and festivals.
2. Find destinations such as sports stadiums and gig venues.
3. Store the locations of parked cars, meeting points or hotels.
FTN is available for iPhone via the Apple App Store http://bit.ly/MhQcr9
Notes for Editors
Contact: Stuart Smith, Chief Shepherd, 3 Sheep, 0161 408 6626
FTN Email Address ftn(at)3sheep(dot)co(dot)uk
'Apple' and 'iPhone' are registered trademarks of Apple Inc
'3 Sheep' is a registered trademark of 3 Sheep Ltd.